Video of a crime

Okay everyone, so for situational awareness what are we looking for? How would you react and how different would you do things?

2 Likes

Well the first thing is to notice that neither person seems to be in a parking lane. If I messed up, and someone else, with super tinted windows is right next to me? Nah, I’m either getting through the passenger side door, whether or not I can see occupant inside of the other car. I mean once the ambush starts, you have to survive that, try to get distance-even though you’re stuck between two car doors-try to hide behind an engine block, and draw your weapon ASAP, preferably while on the move. Return fire accurately and maintain situational awareness. In that situation I would just assume the whole car was armed, and that I needed to be prepared to up to, about 5 people. Compliance doesn’t always win!

2 Likes

Yeah I think his fatal mistake was freezing. But he probably wasn’t armed. This also gives us a reason why off body carry is not a good choice. I would of kept moving to the other cars in the parking lot and get behind them.

3 Likes

That’s true. I also noticed, the victim seemed to be digging in a separate bag, around his neck; rather than trying to take it off. I mean, in the moment, who knows if he had the wherewithal to do that. Maybe if he got that 2nd bag off, he wouldnt have gotten shot… but that’s hard to say.

1 Like

Well being robbed 3 times at a gas station… I froze up the minute the robber acted as if he drawn a gun in his pocket. Very hard to fight that response.

2 Likes

I stay aware of my surroundings, cutting through cars to get to mine only when I can see nobody is in the car. I do not care if it is an old lady or a young teenager. I park my car strategically, as well as, any place I go. It is a shame that we can not feel safe in our daily lives.

5 Likes