AIWB Sitting and Muzzle location

The use of appendage does not ring true to the ear but technically is it also correct!

Definitions of appendage on the Web: extremity: an external body part that projects from the body.

2 Likes

Well, maybe your belly is an external body part t at projects from your body, but I worked hard to get mine down so it no longer does.

5 Likes

Lower my friend, lower!

4 Likes

Mr. Ayoob is the best. I have a Keepers concealment AIWB and find it super comfortable. When I got another Pistol, I thought I would save a few bucks and try another holster company, big mistake, I got another Keepers. When I drove to Fort Worth from OKC, I wore it the entire time and it never bothered me.

6 Likes

Have you tried adjusting the belt clips so that the firearm sits higher? Check out how high the grip is above the belt line in the video below from WPS.

I carry at 12:30. When I carry a full size S&W M2.0 AIWB (not often), the holster has enough adjustability to raise the gun up much higher than comparable holsters made for 3-5 O’clock. My AIWB holsters have no cant (straight up and down), have a foam “wedge” for comfort and concealability along with a claw.

I am not promoting this carry position, but find that it works well for me.

5 Likes

Thank you Scotty.

2 Likes

IMO, where the muzzle points while sitting in not a big concern. The dangers associated with carry are more related to drawing and reholstering.

2 Likes

Just depends on where you’d rather shoot yourself, I guess. Front or back, you choose? Whichever is the case, train through it.

4 Likes

Wow, you can carry your firearm in that implied manner? on the lower “appendage”? Horses would likely be deemed inadequate in comparison… :rofl:

3 Likes

A man walks up to an old cowboy near the corral and says ,”You see that horse over there? I bet you $50 I can make it laugh.” The old cowboy says “Bullshit! I’ll take that bet.”

The man walks over to the horse and whispers in its ear. The horse proceeds to laugh uncontrollably. As the man walks back to the cowboy. The cowboy is stunned in disbelief.

The man then says to the cowboy, “Double or nothing I can make him cry.” The cowboy likes his odds and agrees to take the bet.

The man walks to the horse with his back turned to the cowboy. The horse proceeds to cry and then runs off.

The cowboy gets his money out to pay up and can’t help but ask, “What the hell did you do to my horse?”

The man says, “Well, to make him laugh, I told him that my dick was bigger than his. Then, in order to make him cry, I showed him.”

3 Likes

Initially, I considered it a “Freudian slip.” but he kept saying it! So, now it’s no longer a slip, but a proficiency at using wrong nomenclature, but you weren’t supposed to catch that. So, why all the hoopla? So, what, he misidentified a method of carry? What’s the big deal? Well…imagine me as your jumpmaster on an airborne op instructing you, the jumper, to make last minute adjustments to a piece of your critical equipment misidentifying and using improper nomenclature, after having received a proper jumpmaster inspection prior to boarding the aircraft? What adjustments will you make and will have made to what piece of your critical equipment? And… How confident will you be and how safe will you feel about jumping from that aircraft while in flight?

Proper identification and use of correct nomenclature are critically important. Great ear, brother. And you’re right, the continued misidentification did make it a challenge to continue listening. That’s because our mind, ears, and senses are trained and exercised to hear proper nomenclature, and when we don’t it becomes noise which makes it a bit frustrating or aggravating to watch and hear. But I do caution myself not to be overly critical because I’m subject to error myself. Regarding this instructor, I’m hopeful that he would welcome the gentle nudge in the right direction and re-post a corrected video.

6 Likes

Point taken! As the boy says Expecially (sic) when you go to draw!

3 Likes

You don’t even have to know what a woman is, even if the man who nominated you for your position said he was going to appoint the first African American woman to the Supreme Court. :thinking::rofl::joy:

5 Likes