AIWB Sitting and Muzzle location

While carrying AIWB, where should the muzzle be pointing while sitting down?

It is pointing down into hip flexors. Regardless of how I position…it is always resting/pusing into my hip flexors, thigh or my special bits.

Do I need a longer holster? ie. G19 with a Holster for a G17?

I have searched for a good while and I might not be getting the search criteria right.
But I can not find anything about where the muzzle rests/points while sitting.

Thanks
Chris

5 Likes

I am by no definition an expert. But from my own personal experience, the only way I was able to get AIWB to work w/o without the muzzle pointing at my hip or groin. Was to carry it at 11:00 and can’t it slightly towards 10:00.

From what you posted, that was what your question was was about, was where your muzzle was pointing :point_up:. Hope it helps. I, personally, couldn’t get comfortable with AIWB. I found a minimalist kydex holster, that was an inside the waistband, that worked the best for me. I carry between 2:00 and 4:00. It worked best for me because it put the majority of the firearm beneath my pants and I could CC a Glock 41 (double stack .45) in just shorts and a t-shirt.

Hope this helps.

Hope this helps. This is only my opinion

5 Likes

welcome Chris
this may help

the man has many years experience
me personally I don’t want the end of the barrel pointing at’’ my junk’’ as some say
rule of thumb ‘’‘don’t point unless you want to destroy it’‘’

Mike

10 Likes

Thank you very much.

3 Likes

I can respect that. Thanks.

4 Likes

So… don’t aim your firearm at your gun?

6 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @BassnChris and God bless you. The Massad Ayoob video was very informative. I carry while driving in the 12:30 position AIWB between my junk and my inner thigh. I am a firm believer that my gun will not fire on its own and blow off my junk. I have gotten used to it after a while. I have bought some inexpensive stretch jeans a size larger and I feel comfortable.

5 Likes

When I carried AIWB as a Lefty, that is about where I had it and slightly canted with the barrel slightly to the left.

Yes, neither organic nor manufactured. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Yes sir @Dave17 and I wear it above my attached seat belt so I can get to it quicker when needed.

5 Likes

Thank you. I appreciate the warm welcome and your solution.

4 Likes

Thank you.

4 Likes

I carry AIWB with muzzle in central line of the body.
This is the most comfortable and fastest for draw position.
Unfortunately there’s no way you can avoid muzzling yourself.
For comfort I use holster that can be adjusted up / down and carry it high so it doesn’t bother me during any body movements.

I feel ok with that because every my carry handgun has a thumb safety.
There’s no place for mistakes.

5 Likes

Welcome to the Community!

5 Likes

Not if you plan to continue using it.

5 Likes

Excellent!

3 Likes

I hardly ever use it, anymore.
Wait, which one are we talking about?

6 Likes
2 Likes

OK, 54 seconds into the video I see and hear that this instructor talks about appendage carry. Your arms and legs are your appendages. The only appendage carry in his plan of coverage is the ankle carry.
The carry style he appears to be addressing is appendix carry, so called because of (for right handers) the carry position roughly in front of that little tail on your bowel, the appendix.
Given this demonstrated ignorance on the part of the video presenter, why should I believe he knows what he is talking about for the remaining 15 minutes of commentary?

(Anyone who gets upset at the general public for confusing the terms clip and magazine should not have any argument with me on this observation.)

5 Likes

You don’t have to know anatomy to be on the Supreme Court. :laughing:

9 Likes

Correct @Craig_AR I refer to it as appendix but I knew what he was referring to. Proper terminology should be used especially for an instructor.

3 Likes