Affordable OWB Holster & Double Mag carrier?

Signed up for a course and need to get an OWB holster and double mag carrier. Looking for something affordable since I prefer to carry AIWB and that’s my holster right now.

Does it make sense to use one holster for certain classes? I’d prefer to use what I would be carrying with.

3 Likes

Ask your Instructor about the holster.
Most basic classes require OWB holster to be kept 3 or 4 o’clock, so paddle version might the best for this.
Advanced classes may allow to use the actual hostler used for everyday carry.

3 Likes

Depends on the firearm being used and when the class is but a good recommendation is Bravo Concealment. I’ve used their products and its great, both AIWB/IWB and OWB. Anyway, current lead time is approx. 6-14 Business Days.

While I haven’t used their mag holsters, the handgun holsters are solid, tip to use here: if you get OWB get the pancake loops, they pull the handgun to your body better, doesn’t stand out as much.

They have specials including buy one holster get one free; can be applied towards different firearms, OWB and IWB combo, etc.

Take a look and see if its right for you or not. Very good prices.

1 Like

Well that post just cost me 52 dollars. Lol

5 Likes

I like bravo concealment a lot. Their mag carriers have served me well.

2 Likes

If there is a Walmart by you pick up a Blackhawk or a Calico and they may have several brands their, inexpensive, then afterwards you can use them as range holsters.

1 Like

Thanks everyone.

I have a Sig P365XL. I guess my main concern was is there any downside (muscle memory, etc) to going to a course and drawing one way but carrying daily another?

2 Likes

I see where you’re coming from. I’ve been to a few classes that required OWB 3 o’clock and that’s not the way I carry everyday. I do understand why it’s done though. When I teach certain classes I require OWB at 3 o’clock because it is simply the safest way to manage the line when you’re with shooters who you don’t fully know their level of competence.

This lesson was engraved in me at an early age. The very first “formal” training I attended a long time ago required the students to conceal and draw. The problem was we didn’t cover proper draw fundamentals and people were expected to go out and perform a draw from concealment and fire. The very first guy up almost shot his off hand and the gun came out of the holster at some horrifying angles. Despite being the youngest person there I promptly walked off the range and called it a day.

5 Likes

I second @Jeff4.
He has experience as Instructor, I can confirm as a Student - this method works .
Starting with 3 o’clock OWB will teach you all steps of proper drawing and presentation. Once you learn how to do this perfectly, there won’t be any problems with fast and good draw from carry position.

3 Likes

Sounds like everyone agrees and I was under the same impression. Thanks for all the great info. Another reason to try out some new gear too.

3 Likes

Just giving options here that’s all, if it not for you or you find a better set up that you like, go for it. I’m not trying to push something on others but I do try to give options (good options) and I try to give as much concise information as I can to make it possible for others to make a well informed decision.

2 Likes

The one consistent thing I’ve heard is that Blackhawk serpas are verboten. Too many training accidents with them.
I think they’re great, and I still use them. But not in class.

2 Likes

I appreciate the heads up. With the current events I was looking for new options, buy one get one free is the perfect deal for me.

3 Likes

I agree. Release Is finicky and too close to the trigger

2 Likes

@Scoutbob
100% truth !

Especially at 11:28 :wink:

3 Likes