Actual Defense Against Animal Attack - The OTHER "It"

I just heard that Biden’s dog has bitten someone AGAIN - for the 11th time! How many of you have actually had to draw on, and shoot an animal that was bent on attacking you? This is a subject that’s been overlooked - and in ordinary situations, Biden’s dog would have had to be put down long before now.

4 Likes

How many of us would still have that dog, and not be prosecuted for some type of crime(s)?

6 Likes

To be fair to the dog, most dog owners don’t have strangers in the house at all hours of night and day. It is not a very appropriate living arrangement for most pets, who would become stressed.

4 Likes

I have never even come close to drawing a firearm in any situation.

3 Likes

That is too hard to believe. Haven’t you ever practiced drawing. My guess is you are not thinking or mean in a defensive situation with a human.

Context. I was answering the question that was asked :wink:

I have never even come close to drawing a firearm in any defensive situation.

6 Likes

Only had to shoot one animal in SD… a turkey had me trapped in a deer stand so I shot it in the neck to make my escape… BTW it tasted so good!!

7 Likes

My dogs don’t get stressed enough to bite anyone, not to mention 11 times. Just Sayin.

4 Likes

If I had to live with Brandon, I’d be so stressed I’d probably bite anything that came near. I pity that poor dog. He has to live with the stupidest human alive. I predict the poor dog will offer to testify against the Clintons soon so he can end his own misery.

6 Likes

This is not meant to be a BULLSHIT subject for CLOWN comments - I’ll amend the context of this subject. Have ANY of you - in ANY situation - come close to drawing on - or even shooting - an animal threatening, or actually attacking you? At home, in public, or on an outdoor activity? I expect any replies to mostly consist of confrontations with dogs, but you may have been cornered by even a racoon on a camping trip.

1 Like

Fine, no BULLSHIP or CLOWN comments from me heretofore in this thread. Lighten up.

To answer your question directly, no. Depending on where I am and what I’m doing, I’m prepared with different ammo to defend against dogs (regular JHP), boar (hard cast Keith loads), snakes (CCI snake shot cartridges), or gators (hard cast Keiths). I load my revolver differently depending on where I’m going. Fortunately I’ve never had to draw it. My biggest personal fear would be pack dogs, which have run free in my area killing cats, and for them I would just use regular SD ammo as its what would be in my SD pistol or revolver when I’m out in the neighborhood.

4 Likes

No clowning. Rattle snakes and coyotes. A person or a dog no.

2 Likes

AGAIN - I’M NOT TAKING A POLL. I expected pack-dog incidents. I’ve read that this was a particular problem out WEST - some piss-pathetic family would adopt a “summer” dog from a shelter, take it on a trip somewhere, and then dump it before they went home. These dogs would form packs, and attack livestock and humans - a particularly dangerous situation. One sheep-rancher never went out to check on his flocks without a rifle - his sheep had been attacked and killed, and even he’d had to fight off an attack by feral dogs. Now the more serious problem is feral hogs.

1 Like

So rabid ducks are off topic as well?

8 Likes

You forgot non-rabid, plain ornery, geese. :sunglasses: Those attack in flocks… :sunglasses:

No, I have never even seen feral dogs. The only ones I have ever encountered were domestic, and not 120+ lbs, so, no, I have never feared those and when I encountered them I was young and living in a repressive state, so owning handguns was not even on the table.

5 Likes

This is my feral cat. She was a wild cat living down the street. The local neighbor who fed some of the strays told my wife she couldnt get near “that one” and she’s totally feral. Well, now she’s been sitting on my lap while I have my after work burbon and check in here. Awful, nasty feeal cat.

6 Likes

The Romans used geese - who were sacred to Juno - to warn them of the Gaul’s attack on the city in 365 B.C. - they can be relentless if you’re attacked.

2 Likes

Yeah, one of my dogs that used to harass the neighbor’s geese found that out one day when they weren’t in their pen. Hysterical seeing a Weimaraner running scared as a flock of geese was chasing him. This being a dog that took on two German Shepards in one fight and won, literally, in seconds.

2 Likes

Yep, I lived with Canada geese for 40 years. The Sandhill Cranes can sometimes be a little threatening around here. We have a lot of them. Similar to the geese up there. Never felt the need to even consider shooting one though. The only animal I ever shot because I had to was a squirrel in my house. I used an air pellet gun. One shot and he was done. I’m very aware for hogs, gators and snakes, though, and will shoot one if I have to, along with the pack dogs that have come through my neighborhood. I would have no hesitation on pack dogs. I’ve seen them run deer up north and it’s horrific to watch.

3 Likes

No, to answer your question
Mr. ‘Lighten Up Brother’
The world is turning into a double decker sh1t sandwich
of which we will all soon have to take a huge bite!
Just trying to have some fun and add a little levity here…
I have NEVER shot a Dog or any animal in my life.
My ‘Hunting’ has been ALL two-legged Vermin
and they were trying to KILL ME!

6 Likes