A Real Gunfight | Into the Fray Video | True Stories | USCCA

Most gunfights are nothing like you see on TV. Standing on a static range shooting at stationary targets does not prepare you for such a dynamic and violent encounter.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/blog/a-real-gunfight/
1 Like

One of the things I liked about USCCA when I first encountered you guys was the emphasis that while fundamentals matter, real life does not look like a shooting range.

Unfortunately, in my metropolitan area, there are no civilian ranges that allow people to practice moving and shooting. I suspect that is the case for many of you, too.

2 Likes

My gun club doesn’t let anyone move around on the public range. But they do have matches they run every week and month where you can move around while shooting in the match. And they also give certifications for the club ranges. And to get it you have to shoot in a number of matches on that range. If you want to do shooting while moving check out to see if any of the gun ranges/gun clubs hold matches that you do have to move around when shooting. Just a thought.

I’ve been looking for a way to rebut your editors shot for this month. It seems you have forgotten everything about research, it assumes that simply being polite will prevent a black person from being shot by a trigger happy LEO. LEO that term never used to be used when I was a child they were called peace officers, they no longer seem to want to uphold the peace. There are too many vidoes of more than questionable conduct and I’m wondering where you stand when it comes to African Americans bearing arms? https://www.citylab.com/equity/2019/08/police-officer-shootings-gun-violence-racial-bias-crime-data/595528/

Any citizen has the right to bear arms if they choose to do so, and the limits should have absolutely nothing to do with skin color, religion, national origin, etc. But I’ve read several times about the fear of armed black men leading to modern gun control laws. I’m not a historian on the subject but it seems as though the right of African Americans to bear arms is directly linked to the rights of any American under 2A.

2 Likes

Personally, I have no concern. The range I go to is quite diverse. If I had an issue, it was already addressed many years ago. My only issue is if one has a firearm, one better know how to properly handle and use it - and, at minimum, know the laws of one’s state of residence.

1 Like

I second this. The ranges I visit tend to be pretty diverse. And on top of that, everyone at a hot range is usually very polite.

2 Likes