A Quote For Today

1 Like

3 Likes

4 Likes

“You become. It takes a long time. That’s why it doesn’t happen often to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in your joints and very shabby.
But these things don’t matter at all, because once you are Real you can’t be ugly, except to people who don’t understand.” ~Margery Williams Bianco. from The Velveteen Rabbit

1 Like

“”
A mature person is one who does not think only in absolutes, who is able to be objective even when deeply stirred emotionally, who has learned that there is both good and bad in all people and in all things, and who walks humbly and deals charitably with the circumstances of life, knowing that in this world no one is all knowing and therefore all of us need both love and charity. " ~Eleanor Roosevelt

3 Likes

6 Likes

Or the wrong personality for everything.
My friends used to tell me that my extreme mix of musical genres was a sign of mental instability. :wink:

@Ouade5 Your friends are wrong! :wink:

2 Likes

“Banking system is safe”~ Joe Biden 3/13/23

A significant increase in “Trading Halts” today, with a LOT of banks. (Updated every minute)
https://www.nasdaqtrader.com/Trader.aspx?id=TradeHalts

What do those trading halt codes “M” & “LUDP” mean?
https://nasdaqtrader.com/Trader.aspx?id=tradehaltcodes

“The likelihood there’s going to be the Taliban overrunning everything and owning the whole country is highly unlikely.”
-President Biden, 8 July 2021

2 Likes

“Gesundheit!”
‒ Albert Einstein

Also attributed to Immanuel Kant.

Immanuel Kant was a real piss-ant
Who was very rarely stable… :notes: :notes:

1 Like

Socrates himself was generally pissed.

1 Like

:notes:Heidegger, Heidegger was a boozy beggar
Who could think you under the table… :notes:

1 Like

Unless it’s Barry Manilow

2 Likes

Very well said.

2 Likes

1 Like

Positive Vibes For Sure.

2 Likes

The Beach Boys - Good Vibrations (Official Music Video) - YouTube

3 Likes

“Shoot back.”
SMA Michael A. Grinston, when asked “What’s the most important thing to remember in a firefight?”

3 Likes