9mm @ $29.85 lb. A good steak is cheaper!

So I’ve been looking online at the prices of ammo and have been blown away by what is being asked and where bids are ending up.

The average price of 9mm is about .83 cents each. (I didn’t factor Hornady Critical Defense and similar) Which makes 1,200 rounds about $1000.
The photo below is 1,200 rounds and 33.5 lbs.

4 Likes

Wish my 9mm stash looked as plentiful as that :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Reloading seems the best option. Only try to find primers.

4 Likes

I’ve been buying a little bit of everything for decades.
My late uncle who got me into this would say, “Whenever you go to Academy or Walmart, buy at least just 1 box of ammo or primer, or powder.”

5 Likes

Wise man

This will be my new mentality. Right now, my range will allow me to buy 100rd, so I buy 100, and shoot 50. This will be my new practice for awhile. I long for the days I could run over 100rds and not feel disgusted with myself (well just a little :sweat_smile::joy:).

1 Like

It’s NEVER to late to start, well, maybe a little too late.
But start now, what if by this time next year that ammo can above is worth $4,000!

Not to get off topic, but carrying the same theme, EVERY time I go into the grocery store I buy 2 pakcs of tp and 2 packs papertowels even if we don’t need them.

3 Likes

Before I retired, a couple of years ago, every payday I would stop at WallyWorld and pick up a box of 9mm and .45. Dear Bride says it’s the smartest thing I’ve ever done, other than marrying her. :grinning:

4 Likes

I found 3 buckets of 22.lr here the other day (don’t ask, I’ve stashed stuff everywhere and find it years later, it’s kinda like Christmas morning around here a lot) 2400ct with the Academy price sticker on the side $64.00. ea.

2 Likes

Showed my daughter a brick of 5200 rds of .22 that had $185.00 sticker. She just called a hoarder and smiled. She’ll be bumming some later should have bought more.

2 Likes

I recently used up two 50 rd. boxes of 22 LR I bought years ago…96 cents per box. I should have bought a case back then.

Your Uncle was a wise man. I did this for a while, then stopped for some odd reason…

1 Like