3xl persons question

A question to the rather larger people who everyday care.
Do you order one size larger shirts because of caring OWB?
And do you order regular length or tall man ?

3 Likes

One size larger or relaxed fit. Almost always tall or Duluth trading post long tail (?) shirts.

1 Like

Being a person who carries a certain number of '“x’s”, I share your experience.
Here are my guidelines:

1. I shouldn’t be able to feel my shirt pulling against my weapon.
  2. I carry IWB, but I still want my shirt to come down as low as the bottom of the holster.
  3. The shirt should be loose enough to be lifted easily to access the grip and draw.

I make my own shirts, so I just add a little extra room on my carry side. Be careful when buying shirts off the rack since the actual size/length of a 3xl can vary widely from one manufacturer to another. I can comfortably wear anything from a 1x to a 3x depending on who made it. Best thing is to try it on before buying, to make sure it fits where you need it to fit.

2 Likes

Typically i wear a shirt tucked in and go slightly larger on an over shirt or light coat.

As a larger person, it’s usually easier and less expensive to go up a size rather than find a “tall” size.

1 Like

Yes to one size larger and tall!

I really look forward to the cooler months when a vest or jacket is not out of place!

2 Likes

I have been leaning more towards “relaxed fit” myself. Nancy calls them “buffet pants”. :laughing:

1 Like

Shop big & tall menswear. Carhartt is also good.

1 Like

I have always worn clothing that is larger since I do not like clothing to be restrictive, it’s very uncomfortable for me.

2 Likes

42" waist is my size but 44" feel so comfortable I buy 46"!

2 Likes