.22's ARE SO FUN TO SHOOT

I spend most of my range time with my 22. Practicing stance, grip, sight picture, and trigger action. Of course, I practice range discipline and overall gun handling safety as well. This gives me lots of repetition at a lower cost per shot.

2 Likes

Thank you! I like it here, lots of good folks like you around.

4 Likes

Hello and welcome @Matt91

1 Like

Happy Anniversary :tada:

1 Like

The Kel-tec P17 is very lightweight & it runs so smoothly. It’s one of the most accurate pistols I own

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

Heya @Enzo_T

Happy Anniversary, and many more to come.

3 Likes

Thanks! I’m thinking I’ll stick around :+1:t2:

3 Likes

@Zavier_D now look at what you did! :grinning::t_rex:

3 Likes

Hey! How was I supposed to know? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::rofl::joy:

2 Likes

I’m like a bad fungus. Though to get rid of, but I grow on you :rofl:

5 Likes

What’s your favorite ammo for the Ruger LCP-2? I like the CCI Stinger .22 LR, 32 gr copper plated, for better reliability (to me).

For our revolver, I like the Federal Punch 29 fr. It even sounds different, if I can borrow from music, it has more of a bass, softer, not piercing. I wonder if part of it is because it’s not as fast

My .22 long-guns are only single shots. I prefer CCI copper 21 gr.

I read that its speed is 1,850 to 1,926.4 fps and higher. I’ve not heard of one faster. It was fun to shoot it with an older vintage rifle, old meets new. We got a kick out of it when our youngest family member fired it through his great-great -grandpa’s rifle.

Planning o try a subsonic ammo to see how that is.

I took a .22 pellet rifle to the range recently, and only after a few minutes, two persons approached me - asking what that was. I often learn something new at the range. I’m a geek who writes notes in a notebook there on the bench.

I’m amazed how the science behind it has changed over history.

3 Likes

I like the CCI stingers but for plinking I have a box of 200 winchesters. In the short barrel 22 I use Silver Punch.

1 Like

Well here’s your chance:

Beretta 92FSR .22 LR Pistol, Sniper Gray - J90A192FSRF59 | Palmetto State Armory

$299 -$100 rebate = $199. PSA email says the deal ends at midnight, so you better move fast or it might be gone tomorrow. On the other hand I bought a scope from them months ago that the deal was supposed to end at the end of the month, but it did not!

Edit: Link to rebate DEALS AND PROMOTIONS | Beretta

Incredible deal.

Definitely a great deal!

By between my 3 insurance policies,… I’ve got $2k of deductibles to pony up right now. :grimacing:

2 Likes

I’ve seen some comments regarding the reliability of the Glock 44s. So here’s my experience with them. I bought 4 of them to use as training guns. ALL of them had some mild reliability issues from the factory AND terrible triggers.

So I installed Ghost Connectors on all of them, polished all the steel trigger mechanism parts and just put a THIN coat of my go-to grease on critical metal parts and had my students shoot the SNOT out of them. Side comment, over-lubrication of ANY .22 semi-auto is BAD!!! And unfortunately it seems to be the go-to solution of many folks and it ALWAYS leads to malfunctions.

At about 500 rounds or so (each) they were all running flawlessly and the trigger pull on the scale was a consistent 3.5# and clean.

One of the best training handguns I’ve ever used…

2 Likes

Ouch. We had a storm with hail that size several years back. The hail was about six inches deep in the yard by the time the storm finally ended. Was a pretty good deal though since for the cost of our deductible we got a new roof and half our windows replaced with much better insulated ones. Now we are waiting for a storm to hit the other half of the house so we can afford to replace the rest of the windows;)

Main issue was we had to put up with listening to roofers hammering new shingles onto homes for the next year or two since it took them that long to finish replacing all the damaged roofs in our town.

4 Likes

No glass damage, but roof, gutters and siding on the house, as well as the roof and skylight on my RV, and about $6k damage to my daily driver.

2 Likes

Sorry you have to deal with all that. Fortunately my wife and young son were in town at the time with our somewhat newer family vehicle. I was able to move my work vehicle into the garage at the start of the storm but my wife’s old commuter with minimal insurance was turned into a dimpled golf ball. The hail hammering the roof and windows was so loud that I had to text them to tell them not to come home till the storm ended.

Hope everything gets put back together quickly for you!

2 Likes