YT pranksters

I saw this on ASP and have mixed feelings. The pranksters should have backed off when warned and in today’s culture and society can you let a person or two get this close and have them ignore you?

Play stupid games sometimes you win stupid prizes.

6 Likes

It ain’t even a prank at that point

5 Likes

I hate to even bring this up with all the talk we’ve had recently about our membership insurance. The, let’s call him, defender was found not guilty of the greater charge but guilty of the lesser charges, ie shooting a weapon in a building.

What would be the coverage here? All costs incurred by the insurance considered correct or only part of it? Making me liable for repayment to the insurer?

2 Likes

Besides seeing this on ASP Channel, I was watching Andrew Branca channel when he clearly explained the whole situation and reason of final verdict.

I hate people like those pranksters and never had any doubt the shooter would be acquitted.
Not exactly as I was expecting, but at least he was found not guilty of shooting that stupid moron.

He is still facing charges of shooting into an occupied dwelling… which is another stupidity… but stupidity of justice system.
How come you can be OK shooting in self defense and be guilty the same time of shooting … in self defense?

7 Likes

Ready, aim, fire! Failed to “think.” Being quick on the draw and firing is the enemy of thinking.

1 Like

@Mark697 … you started again with complete misunderstanding the situation.
He had enough time to think and after that, he made a decision to defend himself from bigger, annoying and vicious man.
If you watch carefully the video you will see how many times he was trying to avoid confrontation and how many times he say to stop acting against him?

You claimed to be a former LEO… look at this from such perspective. What would you do being attacked like this? :thinking:

6 Likes

This reminds me of the other YT prankster that walked into a home because the front door was unlocked. That dip stick is lucky to even be alive. Walk into my home uninvited and you’ll drawn upon if not immediately shot.

The dumbarse that walked uninvited into a home also stole an 80+ woman’s dog, running away with it. It’s a wonder he didn’t give that old woman a heart attack!

2 Likes

-------sentence

3 Likes

I watched this fool a few months ago. At the very outset, I thought it was funny until it started to border on clear cut harassment. He created a danger to himself and others. I’m just glad it never came into my space. If I’m right the approach is to ignore and escape. The problem I have is, 911 is not appropriate, it is not an emergency! “Hi, 911, this guy is farting on me, he stole my melons” I guess I’m busted for using the 911 system for non emergency situations!
I watched for a couple of hours and it seemed clear, if any of the innocent hit him, they would be arrested! Seems a little unfair.
Not only that, what is USCCA’s advice on avoidance if the creature acts like a plague and sticks to you all the way to the parking lot. At what point do we shoot him. It’s a tense world out there. My elbows are my quick reaction force, if you invade my space, by surprise! Even though I should have my head on a swivel!

4 Likes

This true from the camera’s perspective, but to me, I believe there’s more going on that isn’t articulated well by the camera. There a large man, looking like a punk, with an accomplice. There is a small man, looking meek, and trying to get away, verbalizing such, and using body, hands and motion attempting get away, but the larger man continues to follow getting in his face. The smaller man is carrying a firearm, so he is aware that his size and occupation make him a good target. He is also limited in how he can defend himself as he is carrying a lot of stuff. Likely another reason why this punk targeted him - the same way a person with criminal intent would. Get him off-guard with some silly phone prank, get into his personal space and attack. If it wasn’t some moron “prankster”, we would likely be having a different conversation.

I agree, pepper spray might have worked, but if it didn’t, then what? He had a lot of stuff he was carrying with his other hand and arm. That would put him at an even worse position, having an enraged man right-up close, and the blowback from the spray could also impair his ability to defend even further.

5 Likes

So what’s a “victim” to do? Run and hide, that’s what’s got us here in the first place! If we had law and order, and were able to stand up for ourselves, idiots like this wouldn’t get within inches of your face!

12 inches is my zone, when it’s breached, repel borders! As violently as they were breached. Every action has an equal and appropriate reaction. He caused the re-action. Normally I would just avoid! What’s worse, is he has a witness, the camera! Do I need to buy a body cam for my protection! I think we’re close!

It seems the time has come to go full Dick Tracy…

IMG_3896

3 Likes

—sentence

1 Like

I think John had the right of it, OC spray his arse until the can is emptied.

3 Likes

I was not arguing that, I even stated that would likely have been a better choice. I was only trying to look at it as the victim likely saw it. He’s small, meek and weak, that alone makes him a good target for a criminal, add to that, he’s a food delivery driver, which we know also makes him a likely target for criminals. Now you have a thuggish looking punk harassing you. Typical pre-attack behavior. He made many attempts to break contact. He has limited self-defense options due to carrying his food deliveries.

So he uses pepper spray. If successful, he can break contact. If not, he’s toast. But supposedly destroying his deliveries would enable him to be victorious. I don’t buy that.

3 Likes

Exactly
I doubt this so called prankster would have tried it on me simply because of my size. I’m getting older but not that old yet.

3 Likes

In the shooter’s defense he not only had the big guy acting very aggressively with the phone but there was also that guy’s buddy behind him and at least one more person filming the event. So he does have disparity of force on his side. Who’s to say this wasn’t some sort of robbery or gang initiation thing with the plan of filming the assault? Though in that case I would have expected more aggressive body language from the buddy as well.

I think the shooter is lucky the jury voted in his favor probably mostly due to the prosecutor poorly choosing the malicious assault charge instead of just a regular assault charge. The potential for this to suddenly turn into an imminent threat was there but I didn’t see an obvious clear imminent threat. No indication that they were going to strike, were moving to corner him, the presence of weapons or a move for a potential weapon.

The jury easily could have gone the other way and clearly wanted to charge the shooter with something since they found him guilty of the other charge. That makes no sense if they felt his self defense action was completely justified. Plus the shooter can still be hit with a civil lawsuit with its lower burden of proof.

This is a tough situation since if the idiot with the phone and his friends decide to strike then there would be virtually no time to react. The shooter started by doing the right thing trying to create space. If I was unable to do that effectively I would be putting my hands up and out in front of me while yelling “Hey I don’t want any trouble” to draw the attention of witnesses and to have my hands in a position to strike or block if needed. In this case it might be one hand up and the other out with the food in it but ready to drop or more likely throw it in the phone idiots face if I felt I needed to act.

If the forceful pleading didn’t get them to back off and they kept following me there would be 3 things I’d want to do next: contact 911 to report the threat/harassment, have my hand on my pepper gel ready to use it and my other hand ready to draw my firearm in case the pepper gel did not work. Unfortunately I would need at least 3 hands to do all that effectively. I would be very glad that I have had enough hand to hand training to give me at least a slight chance to create enough space to get to my firearm if they made a sudden move.

5 Likes

On the 3 hands comment, something I keep in mind…I can potentially, depending on the situation, tell my watch to dial 911 with as few as 3 words, no hands required. It would even involve raising my off hand up near/in front of my face/jaw. That hand could be empty, or could have pepper spray in it, etc. Food for thought

4 Likes

I hate wearing watches but was thinking of that as a second reason to get one. First reason was the new watches can supposedly keep an eye on my old ticker and alert me to anomalies. The old ticker is supposedly fixed but I will never completely trust it again since it gave me no warning before it decided to take that 25 minute break almost 2 years ago:(

Though using a watch for hands free calls requires leaving it in always listening mode which I’m not a big fan of either.

3 Likes

And you were telling me earlier about the what-ifs? Likely he does not have the money for all the technology you sport, sport. Nor in that situation did he have 3 hands, actually only one. Also, unlike you, he clearly was not a self-defense guru.

3 Likes

—sentence

2 Likes