Your News Update: June 15, 2021

We’re launching a new weekday post series today to give you a few of the latest news articles about firearms, gun legislation, and the Second Amendment.

We’ll be featuring 3 to 4 articles a day to kick off the thread. Please add the new articles (posted the same day) you see to this thread!

Here’s the kick-off to your news update for June 15, 2021:

What are your thoughts about these articles?

What other firearms or Second Amendment-related new articles have you read today?

3 Likes

For the @USCCA, just remember that many sites have limits to what people can see without a subscription. For example, you have two from Forbes.

4 Likes

On the KU story, I remember that firearms were banned from my campus, but there were many students who kept them, anyway. Those I knew of kept them well concealed so they couldn’t be discovered during those questionable room inspections, and typically only carried when venturing off campus. But they didn’t trust their self-defense to the elderly campus security guard who limped around the parking lots issuing parking tickets.

Many colleges caved to students on other issues. Go ahead and let the 18-year-olds drink, because they’re going to do it anyway. Go ahead and let them smoke pot. Go ahead and let them run around co-ed dorms naked. They’re going to do it, anyway. Updating the firearms policy just makes sense. If some students are going to do it, anyway, then change the rules.

2 Likes

Good point! Thanks, @Fish! We’ll watch for those in future postings!!

2 Likes

It tells me, the shift is beginning. More and more people are fighting for their God given right to defend themselves. Even some, that were once not very 2A friendly, are beginning to understand what WE have been telling them all along.

3 Likes

And I thought my neighbors were being a little crazy when they were building their cannons.

3 Likes

And just remember that if it is a muzzle-loading cannon they were building that is a replica of one manufactured before 1898, the ATF does not consider it to be a destructive device under the NFA regulations.

4 Likes

One BOOM from that cannon will sure put a quick end to the unwanted neighborhood fireworks, though. :fireworks:

2 Likes