Why is there so little coverage of defensive gun use

Here’s an interesting article.

10 Likes

The answer is a simple one. Just as the main stream media didn’t cover Hunter Biden’s laptop scandal in Oct, 2020, or John Durham’s motion papers indicating that Clinton’s lawyers hired techs to monitor and plant evidence of Trump’s and and the WH servers, those stories weaken and do not support their liberal, pro-democratic party views. Self-defense gun use also weakens and does not support the liberal, democratic party views on the necessity of increased gun control legislation. Media will bury stories that erode their editorial viewpoints.

28 Likes

'cuz gunz r bad, mmmkay?

That’s their story, they’re sticking to it.

This is a major reason I push recreational usage and the calming effects of a day at the range. Fight the narrative, keep smiling, stay calm, and attract those on the fence, and bewilder the narrative believers.

7 Likes

Defense shooting only get maybe 1% of the news that should be reported, the news media is mostly far left and they side with the political left that want all citizens not to be able to own guns for your protection, so thats why the media mostly reports on violent gun shooting to add to their antigun rants, and not the legal use of firearms in defending you or your love ones or maybe it a situation your may decide to defend a less fortunate person. That why i pick my news media very carefully, like here in Arizona 960 AM the patriot, and fox and friends in the morning be for i go to work, not only are they pro2A but also report the news the way it really happens. Stay Alert Don’t Get Hurt :cowboy_hat_face::us::cactus::sunglasses::desert::dart::us::statue_of_liberty::+1:

9 Likes

Because it doesn’t fit the Lefts antigun narrative

13 Likes

Why would they cover a story that would make good citizens go out and buy guns.

13 Likes

Like the saying goes if it bleeds it leads. If no one got hurt or killed it it is not news.

4 Likes

I think that is more the problem than the nefarious political conspiracies.

Many will never be reported to or officially recorded by law enforcement. When incidents are reported, a victim who is not injured or taken in custody or appearing as a witness will probably not be identified. An offender who is not taken in custody or identified will also not be named. Unless there is an unusual anecdote, hero, or victim story floating to the surface, these incidents don’t need to be hidden by the “evil media” — they are sort of unavailable and without obvious general interest.

The days of two sentence fillers from the city desk are kind of long gone —

Victim unharmed in confrontation

A woman chased off a potential mugger today.
Nothing was taken. Nobody was apprehended.
Film at eleven.

Data analysis of the accumulated incidents is not news, but kind of science and/or politics.

4 Likes

Doesn’t fit the liberal narrative that all guns are bad.

7 Likes

Also doesn’t fit the conservative narrative that all liberals are anti-gun.

If people really support 2A, they should seek common cause with allies — not claim that completely unrelated political disputes somehow offer valid proxy for support or opposition to Constitutional values. The Reds do it. The Blues do it. Worst of all, the so-called National Rifle Association has gone all in for it. Awkwardly, the American people mostly don’t do it, but the partisan “warriors” will not enlist, join, or make peace with them.

4 Likes

I think if people were to see more legal defense stories they would learn that something they may have thought to be illegal was actually a warranted self defense shooting. This would embolden law abiding citizens to defend themselves instead of just complying to survive. Even “experts” in the 2a community tell you to comply or get away if you can even though it would probably be a justified defense of yourself or your hard earned property. It’s a very interesting position. Fight or flight. If we were to witness every night on the news someone legally defending their life and property we’d all be more likely to “fight” rather then “flight”.

5 Likes

Because it goes against the Leftist agenda.

5 Likes

Defensive gun use doesn’t fit the agenda that guns are bed, so you will not hear any pro gun reports.That’s why you hear the term “GUN VIOLENCE.” You don’t hear “Car Violence” when a car is used to kill, because they want you to like the car, but you hear it when against guns, to make you hate and fear the gun.

2 Likes

I really think you missed the whole reason entirely. When a gun is used in self defense what does your USCCA training tell you? It tells you police are called you are detained at minimum, and an investigation starts. It can be hours days or weeks in some cases before you are cleared and ruled a justified case. The press even if present is long gone by then. And I’m only talking about real simple cases.

2 Likes

It happens every day. Just the other day I was reading how an Uber driver defended himself against kid with a sbr. Obviously self defense. No one died. Another one where a guy injured two dudes trying to steal his car. Obviously self defense and again no charges. Actually in both cases the attackers ended up in the hospital in hand cuffs. A lot of times charges are just not an option, they don’t charge. I believe the media doesn’t report it like they should to prevent people from knowing they can legally defend themselves.

6 Likes

**There is an old saying that goes something like this:“Tyrants from the dawn of time have been sensitive to arms in the hands of the people.” **
**If one pays attention, doesn’t waste time on the lame stream “media” and tunes in to say, Newsmax, or One American News Nation, they will find that the so-called lamestream “media” is bought and paid for and totally far left…they are propaganda shills for the far left demorats. The term “gun violence” is one, sadly, that even gun owners have picked up. The Genocide Chart put together by Jews For the Preservation of Firearms Ownership, some of whom lost relatives in the Holocaust. It’s not about safety…or the left would not have deliberately weakened our laughable justice system. There are over 22,000 plus guns laws on the books. Spend an enlightening evening on the ATF website sometime. Hint: criminals don’t give a flip about laws…IE: during the covid lockdown the once golden state of California’s "law and order guru, determined that convicted violent criminals be put on “house arrest” so the poor babies wouldn’t get covid. Meanwhile law abiding California residents were locked down in their homes most with no mean of defense against criminals. **
To coin a phrase spoken by Hitlers “right hand man”…“A lie repeated often enough becomes truth.” The idea is not your safety, your families safety or anyone’s safety…IF that were true our criminal justice system wouldn’t be an anemic sick joke.
**You the law abiding, hard working good citizen are the ones the far left fear. **
Those who save lives with a firearm are a threat to the coming dictatorial wannabe regime.
Think I’m in la la land? I wish I were. Have been up to my eyeballs in firearms infractions for over 30 years. Until We The People get it in our heads this has nothing to do with our safety and all to do with eliminating the peoples right to self defense AGAINST A BUDDING DICTATORSHIP, it WILL get more intrusive and ugly.
There is a deliberate and insidious war on our self defense…it has been going on for years.
One last quote from George Washington: “FIrearms are the liberty’s teeth.” Think about that in light of the almost bleeding from the eyes mania of the left to disarm We The People.
P.S. PRAY FOR OUR TRUCKERS FREEDOM CONVOY ARRIVING IN WASHINGTON ON SUNDAY. THEY WANT TO MAINTAIN A PEACEFUL PROTEST AND ARE NOT GOING INTO D.C. PROPER. THEY HAVE ALREADY BEEN THREATENED BY THE FAR LEFT WITH POSSIBLE HARM.
AS OF TODAY THERE ARE MORE THAN 7000 RIGS, HUNDREDS OF PRIVATE TRUCKS, CARS SUPPORTERS FROM EVERY STATE. PRAY THAT THEY WILL NOT ENCOUNTER THE UGLINESS THAT OUR CANADIAN TRUCKERS HAVE, AND STILL ARE SUFFERING. EVERY TOWN THEY WENT THROUGH WAS PACKED WITH SUPPORTERS ON OVERPASSES, ALONG THE HIWAYS. MORE AMERICAN FLAGS THAN YOU COULD COUNT. OUR TRUCKERS MOVE THE NATION!!
GOD BLESS AND KEEP OUR TRUCKERS SAFE FROM HARM.

5 Likes

And what DOESN’T that most Americans believe in like the Constitution anyway?!?!?!?!? Makes me sick. :angry: :us: forever!

2 Likes

The media is for gun control so they don’t want people to know how many time guns protect people.

7 Likes

Does not make headlines the media wants.

3 Likes

Appreciate it. Made me think, some may respect “the right”, but are afraid of the backlash. Hats off to those brave, who take the chance and speak to it not as an evil, but a tool, but a tool which comes with great responsibility to know how to make it safe.

3 Likes