Who Is Responsible for Political Violence?

Punishment is not the issue. Responsibility is the issue.

there can be no resolution until responsibility is accepted and to require the innocent to ignore responsibility is absurd and useless. It just empowers the guilty to continue in their ways.

Find me a judge who passes sentence without assigning blame/responsibility.

The time for punishment comes when the guilty continue to deny responsibility and continue in there lawless ways.

8 Likes

You are really sounding “Holier than thou”.

And assigning responsibility/blame doesn’t automatically mean the one does not serve even though not guilty
 Jesus SERVED the guilty and won them over-- but he let them know of their guilt. The only ones Jesus could not help were the self-righteous ones who would not admit their guilt/responsibility.

7 Likes

You are making sense to me until you are assuming someone is guilty before they are proven guilty. Are we the judge and jury? That is what assigning responsibly and guilt means to me. What does it mean to you?

2 Likes

I am not try to be holy I am trying to be ethical.

2 Likes

Semantics

5 Likes

4 Likes

And the whole time I was thinking intelligent conversation .

Its not a court of law
 one only has to watch the footage of the left all over the nation causing hate and destruction.

I’ll wait while you show footage of the right rioting, destroying, encouraging murder.

7 Likes

Well, don’t blame me.

3 Likes

Ok we will be holy. Jesus says to love your enemy. Is it a sign of brotherly love to blame your enemy for something he does wrong or to try to guide him to make a better choice?

2 Likes

I am not trying to blame anyone just trying to find a better way. I want to know what people have to say and I respect everyone’s opinions.

1 Like

We are all sinners I know that you know that. How about we show footage of people committing acts of love. Wouldn’t that be something we would all want to watch. The right and the left. Wouldn’t that be more enjoyable then pushing each other away. One doesn’t have to be holier than thou to want that. Isn’t that what Jesus wants for us when He says love your enemy?

2 Likes

“We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.”

8 Likes

Oh! Brother
 Lets just forgive the left and ignore their actions in hopes the world will be a better place, after all, that’s what British Prime Minister Chamberlain did to appease the Hitler, and we see how well that worked

6 Likes

You need to learn Scripture before you try using it.

6 Likes

Encourages is not the word that comes to my mind when I observe the debate between left and right.

The left is prone to hyperbole and violent rhetoric.

Change my mind! :coffee:

The speaker in the clip describes a litany of examples of violent admonitions from left wing politicians.

5 Likes

You are correct. But “somebody” will try to change your mind. Unfortunately, that violent rhetoric you speak of is expressed in violent actions.

6 Likes

To be sure! Additionally the left accuses the right of using the tactics they so boldly employ to sow fear in their base.

5 Likes

Forgive yes. We have to forgive others sins if we want our sins forgiven. That only makes sense. Ignore no we should stay situationally aware. Sorry about the scripture I am just saying what is on my mind. I don’t think what I am saying is that far fetched. It just seems like there is so much hate in the world there needs to be more love.

1 Like

I beg to differ. The rhetoric and vitriol comes primarily from the left.

Somewhere in this thread forgiveness is advised. In my book, you forgive someone who admits guilt and asks for forgiveness.

I refuse to forgive someone while they are still beating me!

10 Likes