Which Pepper Spray do you prefer?

I’m considering getting pepper spray as a carry option, and would like to know which one do you like best? Why did you pick it? What do you look for range, ingredients, packaging, or something else?

Thanks!

2 Likes

Sabre, generally a Red variant, preferably a gel or a crossfire stream. It’s a very potent brand, used extensively in LE, seems consistent and reliable, good options available (like the crossfire that works sideways and upside down, and the gel)

POM, because it seems to work, youtube influencers have been convinced to support it, and it’s by far the best size/smallest of the ‘flip top’ varieties by a manufacturer I’m willing to carry.

Fox Labs, not so much any more, but, I would based on longstanding reputation.

Defense Devices seems good also

6 Likes

SABRE TACTICAL PEPPER GEL WITH HOLSTER.

I have tried multiple products and this one works best for me.
I recommend to buy one, test it before start carrying. You may be surprised that something that looks good and easy to use doesn’t work well for you in self defense situation.
Check if it’s easy and how fast you can draw, take safety off and use it, not spraying yourself. :smirk:

7 Likes

Tried a few. Settled on Fox 5.3. We keep them all over the house and in the cars. When they age out, we use them for practice outside, and restock!

They come in various sizes. 1.5-2.0 oz should do the trick. They recommend replacing every 3 years. We go longer.

6 Likes

Saber Crossfire! Works in any orientation… Super wicked stuff.

5 Likes

All are good on tacos.

4 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :shushing_face:

2 Likes

Just bought 3 Kimber Blasters with holsters.
4 year shelf life, 13ft. range 100+MPH delivery

https://www.officer.com/tactical/ems-hazmat/air-purification/article/10894839/kimber-pepperblaster-ii-a-review

4 Likes

I decided to buy the Saber Crossfire. It’s a gel and has a 18 foot range. I also really like the fact that it can be fired from any angle as you never know how it will have to be deployed. I really would have liked to get a product which marked the perpetrator but unfortunately that isn’t legal in Wisconsin nor is adding CS to the canister. I also purchased a trainer so the wife and I can practice with it just to have a feel for how to properly use the pepper spray.

Saber Crossfire

Saber Trainer

Thanks for all the input!!

5 Likes

Fox 5.3

3 Likes

Welcome! Thanks, not an option I’d heard of before.

1 Like

I’ve been outfitting my daughter with POM
They keep taking it away from her when she goes to concerts :angry:

3 Likes

I prefer Smith & Wesson

2 Likes

Test it on… who? Or should that be “whom?”

1 Like

Test it on Mr Jody

1 Like

hmmm… is this a real question? I hope it is…

You have 2 options:

1. some manufacturers make the same product with pure water, so you can test it and check if it works for you.
  2. you can buy pepper spray and play with it spraying anything you want. I usually test them on trees.

The point is to test how does it work for you, not how much pain it gives to sprayed person. :wink:

2 Likes

It was an attempt to be funny. I agree it’s a good idea to see how well it streams and how far. The practice water canisters are worth the money although I only used one when taking a training class.

I change mine out every three years and hit trees and bushes with the expired can.

3 Likes

You got me. Actually I need more “funny”, but I was involved in different discussion at this Community, which wasn’t “funny” at all… and I didn’t switch my “mode” on time !

:metal:

I got one which lost a pressure in few months… I tested it after purchase, worked great. Then I wanted to use it after few months (fortunately not for defense… I sometimes spray area in front of my door to get rid of chipmunks and squirrels) … and it did “puff-puff” without spraying damn thing.

Now I’m using Sabre only.

3 Likes

What brand, POM? I’ve been using Sabre but considered POM for some reason. I think it was because of the flip top.

2 Likes

nope, no POM. It was some brand used by Police, I don’t remember it now.

2 Likes