Where do we buy our oil?

9 Likes

Itā€™s getting harder to laugh! The s#^Ā„ just keeps getting real!
My wallet is not laughing!

9 Likes

Whats sad/funny, depending on your outlook, is we have stopped producing oil to ā€˜save the planetā€™. Ok now heres the joke, how many phdā€™s does it take to figure out the planet is affected if you drill for oil in Iran, Iraq, Russia, or the US? Apparently more then the number working with the administration! :joy::joy::joy:

5 Likes

At this point it is critical that we produce oil (in spite of what the news and political types say.) Yesterday the Saudiā€™s debated accepting the chinese yuan for payment. If this happens our economy will suffer immensely since other nations may follow suit and the Petrodollars will no longer be the standard.

3 Likes

The US is responsible for approximately 15% of global greenhouse gases. Meanwhile, China is building more coal fired electrical generation plants and has contracted with Russia to buy 100 million metric tons of coal.As of 2020, China alone was responsible for 30%. Pretty sure China isnā€™t too concerned with climate change. Even if the US eliminated all CO2 emissions and killed all the farting cows, I believe that the rest of the world would more than offset US reductions.Meanwhile, China will happily manufacture and sell all those solar panels to those suckers in the US, all of which will degrade over time producing less energy. The politicians ā€œsimpleā€ solution: Buy electric cars. Have you got $50K burning a hole in your pocket? And when you et home and plug it in, WHERE does the power to recharge it come from? Now, as to transporting the oil from where it is to where it gets refined. Pipelines have pumping stations. Lack of pipelines means that the oil must be transported by trucks or rail, both of which are powered by diesel fuel, meaning OIL. I believe that the proper course of action is to become energy independent by producing our energy needs domestically, utilizing our own resources until the breakthrough technologies regarding ā€œgreenā€ energy production meets, and ultimately, surpasses our reliance on fossil fuels. Scientists are telling us that melting polar ice will raise sea levels by X feet in X amount of years. And yet, Obama, Pelosi and Biden own have purchased beachfront properties. That, to me, doesnā€™t seem to be a prudent move, given the looming global catastrophe they tell us we are all facing. John Kerryā€™s jet doesnā€™t seem o be spending much time on the ground either. H-m-m-m.

7 Likes

Walmart usually! Rem oil!! It works just fine. Gun shops usually have some too. Once, very early on in my gun hobby, I bought Sea Foam as a type of cleaner/rust protector but since have stopped using it. In any case, lots of options!!!

4 Likes

@Richard56, I SO MUCH AGREE, and further more, the power grid will probably take a big hit.

2 Likes

There is a line of thought that claims the US wants to use up everyone elseā€™s resources because money isnā€™t really something that has real value so spending it on other countries resources makes sense as long as the US Keeps what itā€™s lands can provide for a time when money REALLY isnā€™t a thing and resources become the actual value system. Itā€™s known that these lands are some of the most fruitful in the world if not the most fruitful. Even rare earth minerals. This land can probably produce more rare earth minerals then anywhere else in the world yet we still go to the Middle East, Africa, and China for these minerals. Why? The only conclusion I can come to is there might come a time when we wonā€™t be able to get these things from other places so it makes sense to save what you have till then.

2 Likes

And of course we canā€™t have nuclear, but we can get nuked over oil and buy windmills from china.

4 Likes

FACTS no Faci! If we could just agree that nuclear is the cleanest, most efficient, AND SAFEST energy we could stop using it to kill people, like morons, and start using it to power everything, including cars! I think thatā€™s one of the best political posts Iā€™ve seen in a while! great point!

2 Likes

In nuclear news bill gates is/was developing small safe reactors to power small communities, 10 to 20,000 people. Unfortunately all those plans are on hold. The reason, the US has no Uranium Mines that are US owned and no way to process and enrich uranium in the US. We have been buying this miracle metal fromā€¦ You guessed it, russia.

2 Likes

I canā€™t believe what our government for the people is doing??? Biden is running this country into the ground.

3 Likes

I would like to believe this, but does anyone think U.S. politicians plan that far ahead?

3 Likes

If you get a blue screen, run to the nearest bunker!

3 Likes