Where are the SC members?

@Bugleboy: We must be neighbors… Pickens reporting in.
Sorry, not a native, I’m a darn yankee, but I do love it down here.

@Mlman Howdy! Yep, not very far apart at all.
Good to hear from you neighbor.

1 Like

@Carl44 From the Mcleods I bet. I know the family. Very nice people.

@Mlman
Where do you like to shop for supplies etc? Twelve Mile?

@Bugleboy: Yes 12 mile defense is my first stop. They’re very friendly, and willing to answer my questions, & give me sound advice. They’re usually well stocked in the common calibers, but on occasion I have had to hunt around for .25 ACP for my fiancee’s gun.

Their CWP class is great. The class seems more expensive, as you have to pay out the SLED fee, but they do all the work, including prints & sending the paperwork to SLED. In the end it was actually only $5 cheaper than if I had taken the class elsewhere, but I would have been responsible for prints & mailing the paperwork to SLED.

Of course everyone seems low on ammo right now, but check Southeastern Pawn in Liberty. Mike is a good friend. Tell him Bob sent you. He’ll charge you double lol. Mike’s a good boy.
I got a Springfield 1911 and a few other things from 12 Mile. They have a great display.

1 Like

@Bugleboy: Thanks for the reminder about SE Pawn. I need to stock up on my ammo, as well as start stocking up for the Boss’ new revolver, and my next purchase (1911 clone). Maybe I can pop in when I run errands at lunch tomorrow.

What sort of clone are you looking for? Mike has a Para P14 double stack 1911 .45 ACP. I think he still had it.

SDS Imports /Tisas single stack in stainless. It has a lot of good features that prevent me from making rookie mistakes (hammer bite anyone?), and is at a price point the fits my strained budget. I can certainly take a look at the para tomorrow when I drop in & see how I feel about it.

I’m a DY, too. We’ve found that SC is a lovely place to live.

1 Like

Howdy @Carl44! I love SC. We really have the best of everything in weather, mountains, beaches, etc. We can get to either winter sports or water sports, hiking, camping, hunting, fishing, you name it. You can hunt small game all the way up to bear, and some of our wild pigs are huge. We can catch a mess of pan fish or head out for the big guys off shore.
Did I mention that I like it here?
Grits and gravy.

You’re right on each of those traits! As a native Michigander, I still get to enjoy much of what I loved about the outdoors in MI — but now with shrimp and grits and less chance of frostbite.

Georgetown, S.C. We even have a public shooting range

2 Likes

Howdy there beautiful Georgetown, SC!
Liberty,SC :wave: at y’all.

2 Likes

New here,
I’m currently in Fairfield just south of Blackstock in Woodward. But I grew up in Liberty, well Norris actually. Used to live in Easley for 10 years or so. Then over to Ft. Mill and now Woodward. I still have lots of family in the upstate. A bunch of the Smiths are us. lol.

All right @BillS!
You’re not so far from Chester.
I’m related to a lot of Smiths through my birth family. I left them when I was 6. Adopted and grew up in Clinton from age 9…official adoption age 10. Yeah I’m blood related to Smith folks in SC, NC, and I don’t know where else through my Thornton and Ramsey parents.
Anyway, here I am, the official art form of Duke’s Mixture.
Good to ratchet jaw with you Liberty brother!
We live and represent liberty in more ways than one, don’t we!
BTW, are you sure you’re not really from Metro Cateechee? Maybe Cateechee Beach? LOL

I’m not uppity enough for the metro. lol. I just lived next to the railroad tracks on 93. My dad poured the slab and the extension of then Ohio now Richmond gear. I could just about see the plant from my house. I went to Liberty up until my sophomore year and the family moved to Colorado in '87. then moved back to SC in 2006. My brother Dwayne is still in Liberty.You any relation to the Sentels on the smith side are you? Most of our people are Smiths, Owenses, Sentells, and McCalls.

1 Like

@BillS I can figure just about the house you mean. One I f my sons went to work on your Dad’s concrete at 18. He was there 18 years and then went to Michelin.
Actually, I don’t know any of my birth family anymore. That’s too bad. The ones I had contact with are all gone now.
By the way, I guess I am uppity. My dad told me we were considered Hillwilliams…not hillbillies lol. Nah, I’m just plain old me.
I’ll have to show my boys this thread. They’ll get a kick out of reading your connection here.
It’s a small small world. No I didn’t start singing.

Salem, SC, in the upstate near Walhalla, here. Interested in joining a group…

1 Like

Howdy @David1098
We’re not all that far apart. I’m in the next county over.
You wouldn’t happen to talk on 11 meter radio would you?