What's the Best Mother's Day Gift?

With Mother’s Day just one week away, there’s still time to get Mom a gift she’ll love!

What’s the best Mother’s Day gift for the moms in your life?

• Flowers
  • Brunch/Dinner
  • Cleaning the house
  • A new gun
  • Ammo
  • Anything firearms-related
  • Other, please add your suggestion in a reply below

0 voters

3 Likes

Flowers… but not from the store.
My Mom has always appreciated my own inventions and loved flowers I brought from lawns around the house.
Now being on the other side of the World I do the same, but virtually :blush:

kwiaty

6 Likes

Tell your MOTHER that you love with all your heart, take her out for a baseball or football
game, and treat her with the best meal that you afford. Dessert is important and tell her that
she is loved forever.

5 Likes

To me telling them you appreciate them and love them for everything they do is something the moms in my life love. Then take them out for a nice dinner.

5 Likes

Spend the day with her, no one has been sick here or there, no other cases here or there.
She will be 78 this year so I will spend the day with her. :heart:

7 Likes

Good timing. My wife and I just made our annual flower purchase for her mom. She looks forward to it every year.

7 Likes

I was thinking about these for flowers…

6 Likes

My wife is not into guns like I am. She’s very difficult to buy for though I have been successful lately! Clothes she was not actually thrilled with got a TON of compliments from co-workers and families she works with. I score that as 100%!

I have gotten her massages in the past (and she has 100% loved it, I even paid the tip up front so she was clear). I think a nice relaxing day is the best. I usually do all the cooking so it;s what she wants.

This year is 100% different.

I turn 50 on Mothers Day ( I was born on Mothers Day).

She keeps telling me we should order out and I keep telling her I will cook and she can make the cake. She’s not happy with that.

NY does not open until May 15 at the best… I have told her repeatedly to NOT throw me a big party, well now she can’t! LOL

Suggestions??? for her? I am the Chef.

4 Likes

Well, this really is as varied as the number of individuals on this board isn’t it? In fact, my mother is a southern bell. She’s a member of the Deep South - a true Texan. And when it comes to stereotypes she is right there with her Farah Faucet hair, perfect skin, true southern accent, and perfectly grown rose garden that cannot be judged anything outside of perfect. Yes Sir, she’s the picture perfect example of what Miriam Webster defines as the true Red White and Blue AMERICAN Southern Bell.

Now there are many ways I can answer this question. I look at other’s answers and I see how they interpret this question. I also think deeply about how my own mother thinks and how she raised three teenaged boys - and one teenaged dad. :slight_smile:

All of this leads me to one conclusion; I must know deep down that my mother would want something that is for her and not something I think is for her. Make sense? What I’m on about is I don’t want to answer with one of those gifts that’s sounds beautiful and sympathetic and everyone is really on board with because it is so — “touchy feely” — and society deems as the right solution because everyone says it fits. You know what I mean? Like flowers, or a candle light dinner, or take her to some BS game that she doesn’t really give a crap about? You know?

My mom carries a Kimber. I now I said she is a southern bell and she really and truly is - that is fact. But she also carries a Kimber which is fact. You don’t have to be soft to be a Southern Belle. So what do you get a mother who sometimes needs to act like a MOTHER at the range for Mothers Day? Well, for Mothers Day, I get her a new Holster and a membership at the range so she can practice her marksmanship. BUT now that I’ve found USCCA and have taken the online classes and have seen the quality of the classes I can honestly vouch for them. I can feel safe in allowing my own mother to take these classes and to allow her to let these classes guide her decisions and actions if and when the time comes that she needs to use her Kimber in a defensive situation.

I’m in. I all in.

6 Likes

Welcome aboard coop, ! Enjoyed your photography, and great choice for mom.

4 Likes

My mom is departed, and she would enjoy flowers. My pretty bride would enjoy a great mom’s brunch, (some of the best are in Salt Lake City)hope they will be open. If not, I think I’ll pack us a lunch, and head for the mountains, as she has said we should look for the elk for our next hunt.

4 Likes

Kevin, oh sorry sneezy…liked your story on it’s all stupid stuff! How about making her breakfast in bed style?

2 Likes

I have a feeling my wife will be getting dinner (take out) as I get home from Philly on Sunday afternoon. Last week she said she wanted to sit at a bar and have dinner at the bar. I can make that work at home!

5 Likes

Hey, thanks, SKIdaho! Glad to be here!

3 Likes

We usually do a really nice brunch. We share housework pretty equally. But I take all of them on for the week and let her relax. Then a spa day for her and my daughter to have Mommy/Daughter day. I also give her a booklet of she wins any argument we are having if she presents one. Stupid, I know, we don’t argue much we’ve been together almost 31 years now.

5 Likes

A case of Chardonnay. Our Covid driven shelter in place order just got lengthened :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

She’s getting socks. She complained about getting holes in some and not having enough. Bombas it is! They *should be here Saturday.
I bought some Prosecco so we can have Mimosa’s. Still haven’t figured out dinner yet.

4 Likes