What would you ask an attorney?

Not sure about FL but in CO It is my understanding that you automobile is an extension of your home and it permissible to have your weapon in your auto.

Warning shots are a big no no. You are responsible for every single round fired. Warning shots are mostly considered recklessness and irresponsibility. The way most courts (that I’m aware of) see it is if you need to pull the trigger it’s your responsibility to hit the target. If you shoot into the air that round comes down somewhere, if you shoot into the ground it could hit a rock and ricochet.

Depending on magazine size you could be charged with excessive force if you empty it. A lot of it depends on the prosecutor and where you are (a more conservative area vs a more liberal area).

Hope this helps some, let me know if I wasn’t clear enough. I’m not an attorney but I do collect random information.

1 Like

My main concern is now Red Flag Laws. Pics coming in with no knock warrants, people getting shot or killed and you have no recourse. An anonymous person can make an anonymous tip about you that is completely fabricated and just going through the process can cost you your 2a rights for a stay in a mental institution where you are adjudicated as no threat to anyone but because you have that against your will stay at the hospital, you lost your rights anyways.

It feels like this is their end run around the 2a. How do you fight this and win w/o losing anyways.

@John260, in Kentucky, if you have been found to have acted legally in your self defense .there are laws in place which prevent any civil judgement being entered against you in regard to the incident.
Check out the laws in your state. There are a number of others with similar protections.

2 Likes

LOL! So sorry, @Richard! My fingers got away from me and I totally missed some of @Richard143’s username! :slight_smile:

Normal View was explained to me by realestate attorney. As being hidden under normal circumstances. But would that include things like bending over or reaching for something high on a Shelf. Conditions that would increase the print through your clothing or possibly uncover it entirely.

1 Like

“Ask an Attorney” consistently reinforces that in the event it is necessary to use a gun to defend your life, even if you do everything right, you will be arrested. Are there things we can be proactively doing in our communities to improve law enforcement and government attitudes toward responsible gun carriers? How can we get better defensive shooter protection laws passed?

1 Like

There is an innocent until proven guilty negation crises in the United States right now. Judges, attorneys, and even local law enforcement in some instances are wanting control and power without a more basic, disciplined, and unbiased assertion of legislation.

Nothing as this should be “automatic” or “absolute”. Doctrines are just that. The citizenry can have doctrines just like the gov. (Reply to “automatic” confiscation of a firearm by law enforcement when used for self defense")

3 Likes