What Will Handguns Look Like in 100 Years?

Guess who’s turning 200 in two years?

The original Philadelphia Deringer was a muzzleloading caplock single-shot pistol introduced in 1825 by Henry Deringer
(Henry Deringer - Wikipedia).

4 Likes

I could not have said it better.

2 Likes

Well, on the original StarTrek, they did not have an auto-aiming device, they had very bad, 60s-style CGI, without the C. :sunglasses:

5 Likes

I know I’m coming in late here. But really guns. Everybody will have access to an armed satellite and be able to call down lighting to vaporize the next person. Use some imagination here ppl.

Exit: or use a transporter to put you in orbit around the sun.

4 Likes

Going off on a tangent here, but I believe the future will look more like Idiocracy than StarTrek.

5 Likes

Only want to make it more fun and outside the normal box such conversations take.

4 Likes

I was actually referring to my post, not yours.

2 Likes

My mistake

2 Likes

If you watch Star Trek too critically, the future is a distopia with some Grade A idiots.

5 Likes

Idiocracy 100 years from now will be viewed as a historical documentary instead of a satirical comedy i fear

7 Likes

Like a Keltech.

3 Likes

Joe Biden already has it

2 Likes

Now all he needs are the emperor’s robe, hood over his head and fingers shooting lighting. There should be a law against finger tip lighting shooting! Did he get a background check?

3 Likes

I didn’t know they allowed you to move into the 20th century. I thought you were still limited to cap and ball revolvers and flintlocks. Good to know :rofl:

5 Likes

In 100 years guns in New York will be required to have a micro-laser-etching system built in. When the trigger is pressed, and before the firing pin can strike the primer, the system will pause the operation to micro etch the time, date, GPS coordinates and serial number of the gun on the bullet. It should take about 15 seconds. Then the firing pin can drop and the gun discharge.

All good.

6 Likes

There won’t be any guns. We will target ppl and they will inhale micro or nano bots that will explode giving the target a stroke or lung aneurysm.

2 Likes

The movie Minority Report will become reality! In reverse! Before a criminal, excuse me, a disadvantaged person in crisis, is hurt by self-defense, gestapo will drop in from the sky and whisk the would be vigilante to jail. As part of booking, their skin is bleached, you know, not to give any wrong appearances.

5 Likes