Are you gun amish?

6 Likes

I’m “Gun Amish” and will remain that way, proudly!
I don’t need anything more than a tritium dot on the torso!
Trained this way since 1977. If it ain’t broke…thankfully my eyes are fine, the warranty on the ears is up!

11 Likes

Till the day I die! K.I.S.S. :+1:

6 Likes

:laughing: From time to time, I find myself looking for optic cut slides for my firearms, but yet still remain amish! :laughing:

3 Likes

My Walther optic pistols are pulling my Glock buggies. :rofl:

6 Likes

Nothing against iron sights (I’m still using them) but red dot these days is like semi auto pistol in 1900. Invention that changes reaction time in defender’s favor.

4 Likes

7 Likes

Now THAT’S a DANDY side iron!!

2 Likes

I’m 100% gun Amish. Now, I do have a rifle with a traditional scope, but that itself is century old technology, so yeah, I like simple and effective.

It’s one of the things I like most about the firearms hobby. It changes very slowly, and it doesn’t need technology creep. Advancements in materials are great for stronger, lighter, more powerful guns, and ammo has advanced along the way, but my guns don’t need batteries, and never will.

4 Likes

I will admit that the dot gets me on target quicker but if your natural point of aim is consistent then the dot won’t matter

5 Likes

I was going to say basically the same thing. If my red dot was the same size as my iron sights, I would use my red dot.

The XS Big dot on my 19 is the same size if not larger than the 6 MOA dot on my Walther.

2 Likes

Red dot sight equipped guns don’t ‘need’ batteries either. :wink: Co-witness to irons is quite nice.

Though if you put a new battery in once every 3-5 years, it’s that much more effective

6 Likes

… for defensive distances up to 25 feet. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

… or, just go with optics equipped with solar. “Batteries problem” solved.

4 Likes

I put an XS big dot on a 1911. Does that make me ‘Gun Caveman’?

2 Likes

Holosun SCS

3 Likes

Nope, it will just save you money on an eye exam later. :grinning:

3 Likes

I’ve always equipped one AR with a red dot, but the transition to red dots on a pistol was another matter. I took a couple Sig classes where I was the only one without a red dot. The folks with optics out shot me by a long way, so I broke down and replaced my semi autos with slides that accommodate red dots. Big improvement once I figured out that finding the dot was a matter of pointing in and looking for the front sight.

3 Likes

This is one the aspects you only get with quality live in person training, and why live fire in person training goes hand in hand with learning/education/stuff you can do electronically

And why going to classes, competing, and/or running well known drills on a shot timer is valuable. Objective measurement of performance vs others/known standards

Good on you for attending top flight training and evaluating your gear

3 Likes