What is your "Readiness (or carry) Condition"?

@George98

I do and I bought the XD because of that particular feature.
But, I always go back to the SR9C, Shield and 1911. Personal preference, I guess.

3 Likes

Condition one manual safe or not. Always the same exact moves.

4 Likes

Condition 1, my finger is my safety.

5 Likes

A tool is always carried at the ready

2 Likes

What your comfortable with is better in the long run. IMO

3 Likes

Well said

3 Likes

I always adhere to #5 = Other Condition. Which is, chambered, trigger guard covered and no safety. Under stress, I may not figure out in time how to config the gun to work for me. I just want to pull it out and fire. That’s what Glocks do for the police that still carry them. I much prefer being not only fully in charge of the gun, but knowing that I am the only “safety”.
And for the record, #4 is incredibly silly. Why don’t you just leave the gun locked in a safe in your locked trunk?
#3 is the stuff of movies, and is a needless waste of time, motion and sure to draw attention to the yourself.

4 Likes

Sometimes I carry in a vest without a rigid holster, and I also have a undershirt with a spot for weapon. But it’s not sturdy, like a leather or rigid holster would be. So I am reluctant to go condition 1 with my G17.

2 Likes

GLOCK 27. no safety, pull from holster aim shoot.

3 Likes

For times when a full holster is not possible (like carrying in a waist pack) these will allow you to carry with one in the pipe safely in your pocket or waist pack. I have others that are smaller and just cover the trigger guard and they have a loop of parachord on them. Just tie the loop to anything on the bag or clothing like a belt loop and it’ll snap off while drawing you gun.

2 Likes

Not rigid but

1 Like

Ah ha! Very cool. Thank you for that info.

2 Likes

Nice! Small too.

2 Likes

You are most welcome!

1 Like

Keeps it positioned for a quick draw too :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Always with a round in the chamber. The exact situation with the safety depends on the firearm. With the XDE the DA pull is safety enough. With the LC9s I engage the safety. If there is no safety (trigger and grip safeties are for drop safety only and don’t count in this context), I obviously don’t use one.

But people who are new to concealed carry should not feel browbeaten into carrying this way. Just try to have the perspective that you will when you are ready to.

1 Like

I have my best accountability with my glock 27. My back up gun is a taurus 380

1 Like

Hey! Whaddaya mean? Condition Two is a choice! Unless you carry one of those hammerless contraptions
 :wink: I wouldn’t say that’s a good choice for a pistol — nor Condition Three.

A handgun in storage is basically Condition Four (with an empty magazine in place). A handgun not in the safe is in Condition One, and in a secure holster — whether on my person or staged, any weapon not locked up is “in use”. Long guns — in or out of the safe — are some version of “cruiser ready”, more or less Condition Three.

No minors; sane adults; appropriate adjustments when receiving guests.

1 Like

If you don’t carry a round in the chamber, and NEED to use your gun, there is a good chance you’ll spend the rest of your life trying to figure out how to chamber a round.

I always tell my concealed carry students that them and their gun together should be C-Worthy
 They should feel comfortable, confident, and competent to carry a cartridge in the chamber of a concealed carry gun. If they don’t trust their skills, we can work on that with training and practice. If they don’t trust the gun - they make a million options to choose from - find one that checks your boxes.

3 Likes

Unfortunately, we don’t get to choose the time or place we may need to deploy our firearms for defense. With that said, I always carry in condition 1 IWB (full magazine, 1 in the chamber, no manual safety). I recommend that anyone that may be uncomfortable in this condition due to lack of trust in equipment or self, just continue to train, train, train. Stay Alert and be safe friends!

3 Likes