What is your "Readiness (or carry) Condition"?

Welcome to the family brother @Fletcher1 and you are blessed to be here.

1 Like

Welcome aboard @Fletcher1

100%

1 Like

My Carry condition = lift, point, squeeze :grimacing:

3 Likes

Glock or revolver fully loaded. My trigger finger is the safety. Pistols are defensive, close range weapons and shouldnā€™t have a manual safety.

2 Likes

Hello and welcome @Fletcher1

1 Like

Glock 19. 4:00 position. 1 in the chamber

3 Likes

Good morning and welcome to the community Randy. In my opinion, pretty solid choice in the G19. I really like my G19 gen 4 myself.

Stay safe out there.

3 Likes

Thank you.
Bravo concealment OWB . 6 yrs and loving it

2 Likes

Welcome aboard @Randy133

2 Likes

Thanks

2 Likes

Welcome to the family @Randy133 and God bless you brother.

1 Like

Hello and welcome @Randy133

2 Likes

Condition 1 it takes too long to rack a slide & aim

2 Likes

Thanx
Glad to be here

2 Likes

This is awesome!

Alien Gear Low-Pro Belly Band Holster (aliengearholsters.com)

1 Like

Condition 1 for daily IWB carry pistol, and condition 3 for nighstand/home defense pistols, but none of my carry or home defense pistols have manual safeties. I always keep the carry pistol holstered between my belt and the safe and vice versa.

1 Like

Condition 1 for all handguns. Cruiser Ready for long guns and shotguns.

Stay safe out there.

3 Likes

My readiness condition? Draw, then fire as necessary until the threat is neutralized. Why? Because the bad guy intent on doing me or my family harm is not going to wait for me to insert a magazine, chamber a round, disengage the safety, etc.

3 Likes

It varies. Some weapons I carry as 1, sometimes as 3, sometimes as 4. It depends on the circumstances.

I carry 3 sometimes because Iā€™m not always comfortable carrying one in the chamber with some firearms. Even though theyā€™re typically in a kydex holster with full coverage of the trigger some firearms Iā€™m just not comfortable with one in the chamber. This will change over time as I become more comfortable with certain firearms and carry methods. I also have a firearm or two that carrying with one in the chamber is just not safe. Revolvers with firing pins integral to the hammer are an example of this.

Sometimes the LAW dictates how I carry. Certain states limit my options with regards to carrying a firearm and if I can carry one at all. This is typically why Iā€™d use condition 4. Itā€™s also how some of my weapons are stored.

In short, I adapt to my comfort level with the carry method, firearm, activities, surroundings and the laws of where Iā€™m located.

1 Like

Condition one here also. Have timed myself having to rack the slide. The extra time is unacceptable considering how fast things can happen

3 Likes