What Happens in Virginia | Gun Laws | USCCA Blog

You’ve probably seen the commercials for Las Vegas featuring the tag line: “What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.” They usually come with a wink and a nod to some behavior which may not be particularly innocent — and this gets a smile from most people.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/blog/what-happens-in-virginia/
3 Likes

I cannot understand how intelligent adults can vote for these commies. What are they thinking?Are they that stupid? It’s like if these people can do away with guns the world will be a better place. And Bambi and Thumper will continue to speak human and all the little animals will get along.

4 Likes

It is unfortunate, to say the least. Those who have been elected, swear an oath of office to defend and uphold the Constitution, and the ‘gun control’ laws being forced onto the people by the Democrats does violate the Constitution.

The Constitution is the supreme law of the land, and there is nothing included that grants any power to the government, national, state, or local, to limit, restrict or ban any arms.

I was a fan of Associate Justice Antonin Scalia, though I found his words supporting a Constitutional violation to be disturbing. In the Heller decision, the criteria of ‘Common Use’ was established, or given more authority, yet nothing in the Constitution remotely hints at any ‘Common Use’ criteria, and if such existed, would it also be used against other rights. Can we see our right to Freedom of Speech limited by the ‘Common Use’ criteria, words not in common use are legally allowed to be banned or prohibited? If a word used in the Twentieth Century has ceased to be used on a ‘common’ basis and in 2020 is not a common word, can it be banned and prohibited?

The Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms, SHALL NOT be Infringed.

KEEP ; Own, Have, Possess
BEAR ; Carry, Open and Concealed.

It is good that the localities in Virginia are declaring themselves Second Amendment sanctuaries, however, far too many already enforce unconstitutional laws imposed on the people by legislation that is outside of the bounds and framework of the Constitution.

When an act injurious to freedom has once been done and the people bear it, the repetition of it is more likely to meet with submission - Samuel Adams

A Law Repugnant to the Constitution is Void - United States Supreme Court

We have in several states, laws that violate the Constitution and our individual rights. Prior to the early Twentieth Century, it was understood that the right to keep and bear arms was an individual right, and it included automatic firearms which were sold in stores. If there is no authority to limit a right, where did the laws limiting our rights originate or where did the authority come from… New York and New Jersey have draconian anti-gun laws, and California and Florida and other states and now Virginia is joining, with Red Flag laws that deny Due Process, deny the right to face your accuser, deny your right to cross examine witnesses or present evidence in your defense, and establishes a judge who is unqualified to determine any mental health issues, to adjudicate you as a threat, a danger, without any crime, without any charges or indictments or any prosecution and no conviction. This is the epitome of tyranny.

The question remains, how far will the people allow tyranny to expand and grow, how far before we reach the point of no return.

If we require a permit for firearms, and in some states, a “Firearm Owner Identification Card”, will we soon require a “Christian Identification Card” or a “Jewish Identification Card” or a basic “Religion Identification Card”, or perhaps a “Travel Permit”, to even travel across town?

We require ID to purchase firearms, but they refuse to require an ID in many states to exercise the right to vote. Will we see a requirement for an ID simply to travel, to attend church, to pray, to speak…

How can a people, vote for and elect politicians that openly state they want to undermine the Constitution? Those who vote Democrat must reflect, and consider, what their ultimate outcome they desire is.

The people will need to seek good people, to qualify as candidates for elected office, and support them, and be willing to fight in court to stop all unconstitutional actions.

Sic Semper Tyrannis

2 Likes

It comes down to the fact that unless all the citizens vote, then those that show up for the elections get the choice.

Yes, Bloomberg bought more of his puppets. Those puppets could likely have been defeated if enough of those that own firearms and support the 2A had actually registered, became informed of candidates positions and voted.

Now due to the provisions for recalls and other problems, it is unlikely that his puppets will be removed until the next general election.

After that, we must keep voting and making sure that people running for office know what we want or run ourselves.

2 Likes

I heard a rumor that fake voting / counts in Richmond, the largest district, caused the overall state to be blue and got in the Governor etc.
States don’t usually have county based ‘electoral colleges’, so if the majority live in a single city, that city determines the rules for the entire state.

Does anyone local know if this was true?

More to the point, how can we certify election results properly, ie that only citizens voted and the counts were accurate ?

It seems so tough now that Demon dems run so many shows.

1 Like

I live outside of Richmond and a large part of this issue is the Universities. The virtue signaling and emotional outrage without logical follow through of thought is prevalent. I have tried many times to have intelligent conversations with students only to be shouted down and insulted.

It is a shame because the older liberals in these town misguide these students thinking they are teaching them acceptance but really their solutions are lazy and don’t address the heart of the issue.

3 Likes

Yes, across the country, the universities are a root cause of many evils. Not long ago I was shown the American Communists’ goals circa 1959 to takedown America. They have achieved just about every single one. Gun rights really are the last wall.

1 Like

While Richmond is a major Democrat stronghold in most elections, the reason Virginia swings to the left is that there are 8 or 9 seats in a very small densely populated Northern Virginia area and the same in the Newport News / Hampton / Norfolk area.
When a district with 5 or 6 counties votes Republican, and a city has 2 or 3 seats that vote Democrat, and there are 3 or 4 cities in that area each with multiple seats, the numbers are imbalanced.
Much of Virginia is red, with small areas of multiple seats that went blue… and in some of those densely populated areas, the GOP failed to field a candidate.

The 45 Communist Goals, I believe they come from the book ‘The Naked Communist’

Oh, and ; They were read into the Congressional Record according to this…
Congressional Record–Appendix, pp. A34-A35

January 10, 1963

Current Communist Goals
EXTENSION OF REMARKS OF HON. A. S. HERLONG, JR. OF FLORIDA
IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

2 Likes

This in not only a Virginia problem. Here is Maryland are many same issues. Last year Red Flag law or
ERPO signed by Gov Larry Hogan. Many Many called and went to Annapolis to show descent for this BAD law. here is path…https://mdcourts.gov/district/ERPO.
I and family have contacted local sheriff, At this point I’m not a target by fear this weaponized or used by political enemy’s to call or go to court just to remove firearm with no valid reason.
Quoted" A person who poses an immediate and present danger of causing personal injury to self or others by having firearms. The person who is alleged to be a danger is called the respondent .

Among other this is the worst. in coming…
"Assault Long Guns and Copycat Weapons"
HB1261
HB1261 is a new gun ban that’s sponsored by House Leadership. The bill goes to a one-feature test of what makes an “assault weapon” and expands what those features are. This new definition of “assault weapons” would ban HBARs and a host of other guns, including .30 caliber ARs that have never been regulated firearms. Also banned are handguns in rifle calibers. There is a grandfather clause, of sorts, as it requires the registration of any firearm that meets the new definition and those who don’t face imprisonment. The cost of registration is $290 for those who register before January 1st 2021 and goes up each year until it reaches a $1,000 per firearm . Sales and transfers of such guns would be prohibited. The hearing date has not been announced as of this writing. We’ll share that date when we have it.

legal advice needed if passed. I am not nor will I concede to firearm registration.

2 Likes

I am not a lawyer, do not play one on TV, and did not stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night…

However, any and all firearms that you owned… I am sorry to hear they all fell over the side of the boat into the deep part of the lake.

Now, there is no Constitutional authority for any of these anti-gun laws… but we have tyrants in control and are seeing our Constitution shredded.

1 Like