What companies are for gun control?

I still will not buy Smith and Wesson Product over them supporting the Clinton anti gun initiatives in the 90’s in exchange for the promise of police and military contracts.

I own a couple but only because they were used or gifts.

1 Like

Didnt Ruger also support the same policy. I know its different now that Bill Ruger passed away. Just to be clear , I didnt buy any rugers during that period in the companies history, but have no issue with them now. If a company has a no gun sign in the window I wont shop there . They want to strip my rights they dont deserve my money. We need to get laws passed if you ban guns from your business and something happens your responsible for any cost people may have . You want to strip rights you should be held responsible for any harm that comes to someone due to your choice .

2 Likes

Nope, they didn’t. Bill Ruger had his own personal issues with respect to things like high capacity magazines and for years refused to sell them for the Mini 14 platform rifles for civilian use but didn’t refuse to sell the rifles or high capacity semiautomatic pistols to civilians.

1 Like

Guess I should not be surprised by the length of this list. However I am disappointed that Costco is on the list since we do not have access to a Sam’s. Pity.

On a related note, does anyone know where do the following companies stand regarding 2A rights? Thanks in advance for your help.

Asics
BlackRock
Chase
Disney
Fidelity
Firestone
Kaiser Permanente
Lowes
New Balance
Netflix
North Face
REI
Safeway
Southwest
United Airlines
Vanguard
Wells Fargo

1 Like

I do not think your appraisal of Wells Fargo Bank is accurate, in fact I think the opposite is true. The CEO is not for gun control to my knowledge.
Where is Dicks, Starbucks, Levi’s, and you list Albertson’s yet their subsidiary Jewel-Osco where I shop and get my prescriptions goes with local area or state Law.

1 Like

I did not know that Dawn. I’m with you. No more Levi’s. Never understood that marketing genius of alienating half your customer base and thinking it’s good for business. Someone mentioned Dick’s. Stopped giving them my money a while ago. I just don’t want my money funding their left wing ideology.

3 Likes

Thank you @zee for doing this.

You didn’t know it, but in my mind you were paying back a guy in the service that helped me out one time. I had just traveled almost 24 hours to get to Seoul, South Korea. I was not in the service, but had my contractor’s Common Access Card (CAC) that should have included PX privileges in Korea, but it didn’t. I was tired and wanted to buy a bottle of water, but the clerk said my CAC would not play so I was SOL for a BOTTLE OF WATER! A young man stepped up, used my cash to pay and handed me my change and a bottle of water. Some people just don’t get the big picture!

4 Likes

Ever been to Graf :smiley:

1 Like

In my 5 years there I only went there once in 1980. after that my platoon worked strictly with the host nation (our German counterparts) and they set up all our training exercises in there training areas

2 Likes

my pleasure :slight_smile: goes around, comes around.
It’s not enough to disapprove of what’s wrong, action is called for :slight_smile:

3 Likes

James,

If the BW is owned by corporate it will have a sign, there are also stores owned by an individual, they may or may not have a sign displayed.

1 Like

…and don’t forget the S&W “Hillary Hole”. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Beretta has a policy that they will not sell magazines that exceed the most restrictive location in a state. So if you live in the People’s Republik of IL you can not order a magazine from Beretta that exceeds 10 rounds because of a capacity law in Cook County…

1 Like

You cannot order a “high capacity” magazine but you can buy them over the counter at a gun shop. Your FOID card is what you need in a real brick and mortar building and not some Website

1 Like

I agree there are other sources for magazines. But this is case it was Beretta refusing to replace a mag which was under warranty with an equivalent capacity mag.

1 Like

That’s really splitting hairs. They could tell by your drivers license what zip code you live in. Some of this stuff is just nutty.

2 Likes

I don’t know if it’s still the case but for many years Ruger would not produce anything larger than a 5rd magazine for their mini 14 and mini 30 rifles on the premise that Bill Ruger said there was no legitimate use for them.

1 Like

There are some businesses I absolutely will not go to because of their position on firearms, Dicks being number one. Others, who have chosen not to post, I will go to because they have not followed the law to be gun free in Kentucky, even though it does not have the force of law. And some others, I will go into specifically because of their position. Kentucky did a great thing a few years ago. In june 2016, after two off-duty Louisville police officers were told they could not attend a show at the Palace Theater if they were armed, our legislature passed a law prohibiting anyone from preventing off-duty or retired LEOs from carrying anywhere an on duty officer is allowed to carry. In July of 2017, the legislature added teeth to the statute with possible fines up to $2500. My only disappointment in the 2017 revision is that citing the offender is permissive and not mandatory.

237.137 Concealed carry authority for off-duty and certified retired peace officers -

• Attempt to prevent authorized individual from carrying – Penalties.
    (1) Off-duty peace officers authorized to do so by the government employing the officer
    and retired peace officers certified under KRS 237.138 to 237.142 may carry
    concealed firearms on or about their persons at all times and at any location within
    the Commonwealth where an on-duty peace officer is permitted to carry firearms.
    (2) (a) Any person who prevents or attempts to prevent an individual authorized
    under subsection (1) of this section from carrying a concealed firearm shall be
    guilty of a violation subject to a fine of:
  1. Five hundred dollars ($500) for a first offense;
  2. One thousand dollars ($1,000) for a second offense; and
  3. Two thousand five hundred dollars ($2,500) for a third or any
    subsequent offense.
    (b) A citation for the violation may be issued to an individual or an establishment
    where the violation occurs.
3 Likes

After Bill passed, they dropped that rule. The AR556, the AR762, Mini14 and Mini30 all have more than 10 capacity. Heck, you can get a 10-22 with the BX-25 mag, and all Rugers full-size pistols, have full-size capacity.

3 Likes

Good to hear. Love the 10/22 and M77/22 in .22 Hornet and couldn’t be happier with my Mini 14 in 6.8SPC.

It did chap me off that i had to buy aftermarket 10 and 20rd mag’s for it.

2 Likes