Western Film Trivia

What legendary American actor wore the same hat - and rode the same horse - in 17 films over 20 years?

Ok Kurt, where do you get these questions from? Trivial Pursuit. Some bar near closing time? Some weird dark web site. Perhaps just mocking us poor uneducated movie buffons.( Ok just teasing ) good question & po’ed because I don’t know. Lol

:hugs: :slightly_smiling_face: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
I have no idea who was the legendary American actor wore the same hat - and rode the same horse - in 17 films over 20 years…
…but I know what was the name of the horse who made 181 films under one actor :crazy_face:

My father-in-law said Ben Johnson? Of course I said who :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: is Ben Johnson?? Idk but he said Ben Johnson?

I’m thinking Roy Rogers.

4 Likes

I’ll put my money on that (just not all of it)

1 Like

I have to agree with ya.

1 Like

Justin47 I can see the look on his face. Ben had a long career, can’t think of a staring role but he was usually in the top 5 in the credits. He was in several movies with John Wayne.
That said I will pick the Duke. John Wayne

2 Likes

Well his guess is better then mine… not really a western movie kinda gun. Lol give me action comedy.

1 Like

From memory - at 70, I’ve probably seen and remembered 2,000/more films. James Stewart is the answer, and is one of my most favorite actors - his westerns brought a different kind of character to the screen.

James Stewart is the answer - what horse? He must’ve had one helluva agent.

The answer is James Stewart - the horse he rode was “Pie”, who had a famous solo scene in The Far Country - when Pie died, Stewart had him buried on his property. Johnson was a genuine horseman, rodeo cowboy, wrangler, and stuntman in his career.

1 Like

James Stewart is the answer - the horse he rode was “Pie”, who had his only solo scene in The Far Country. Leonard Sly (R.R.) was so impressed with the horse that Olivia De Haviland rode in Robin Hood as Maid Marion - “Golden Cloud” - that he later bought him, and renamed him “Trigger”.

The answer is James Stewart, and the horse “Pie”.

1 Like

P,S. - The horse Stewart rode was “Pie” - his only solo scene is in The Far Country. When Pie died, Stewart had him buried on his property.

Horse: Tony
Actor: Tom Mix
Agent: unknown :grin:

My guess was Topper - Hopalong Cassidy’s (William Boyd) horse. Tom Mix was a pallbearer at Wyatt Earp’s funeral in 1929 - when he rode a train somewhere, I read that he would hire an extra seat to hold his sombrero.

I’m sure it was Roy Rogers.

Roy Rogers and Trigger are my guess.

James Stewart & “Pie”.