Weekend Home Improvement Project: Reducing Curb Appeal?

I’ve considered selling my house and moving closer to work (2 hours in a car each day can get a bit long). I’ve been reading a lot about adding to my home’s curb appeal - so when I saw our recent blog post about reducing curb appeal, I was intrigued:

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/blog/making-your-home-a-less-attractive-target-reducing-criminal-curb-appeal/

1 Like

I think this falls in the same thought process as Grey Man. Don’t make your home stick out as a target. Then, take that a step further. Dead bolted doors, locked windows, outside lights on at night. Finally, don’t advertise that you aren’t gone for long periods of time. Don’t post that your on vacation somewhere. Post all that stuff, AFTER you get home. Criminals don’t want to work hard for a score. They look for the easy targets.

3 Likes

Pre-corona, I had about 2 hours round trip between car and train also, so I get it!

My neighborhood has an informal HOA. I used to donate, but stopped when all of the money was going for fancy street signs, gas lights on corners and making the entry to the neighborhood appealing for those outside of it. What I want is no attention for outsiders, nothing fancy or that would indicate wealth among owners.

My yard is all natural. No grass, just trees/mulch/bushes.

1 Like

My yard is all natural too. No grass just weeds, dandelions, and clover. :woozy_face: :flushed:

Cheers,

Craig6

3 Likes

Don’t forget moss in the wet areas :woman_facepalming:

3 Likes