WE NEED TO BE CAREFUL OUT THERE FOLK'S! Security Guards ARE NOT Cops!

“The case serves as a lesson to anyone who would be too quick to intervene in a situation on which they don’t have all the facts and certainly do not correctly read as they get involved in it. It also underscores the need for children and even adults either carrying or playing with toy guns to be cautious they are not mistook for real guns. A number of recent articles have focused on the misuse of Orbeez water gel guns to shoot people, which can leave bruises and welts on the skin and even put someone’s eye out similar to a pellet gun. Even these toys, used properly or misused, could result in someone with a firearm, including police, to misidentify a situation and reply to a perceived assault with deadly force”.

This is the climate your .gov has created. The need for every Chain store, Eatery, and Shopping Mall to have “Armed Security”. The pickings are slim but the ‘Wanna-bee’s’ are many. As Licensed/Permitted Gunner’s we have a “RIGHT” to carry as long as the the the establishments say so. This IDIOT should NEVER have been hired. Later in the 'Comments section there is a link to a previous 'error/mistake in judgement on ‘Mr.’ Myers part

THEN ! Myers created his own Spokane-based security guard company, Midnight Sun Operations LLC, a year later, according to reporting by The Seattle Times.

UNBELIEVABLE!

If you have a run in with ‘Mr’. Paul Blart types BE CAREFUL! We’ve had Topics on this forum where ‘Overzealous, OPERATOR wanna bee’s’ should never have been issued a Firearm.
This poor (17) year old will never experience anything ever again because Stupidman thought he was a WORLDS PROTECTOR: Judge, Jury AND EXECUTIONER! There is NO sentence harsh enough for this Boy’s Family, He will never get Married, have children etc etc This Kid did everything right, he put the toy on the ground, raised his hands and obeyed all commands and he still died. SHAME on ‘Mister’ Myers…SHAME. I hope he drops the soap every day!

SECURITY GUARDS ARE NOT PHUCKIN’ COPS! There are some Excellent Guards out there…but a Sh** Ton of Bad Apples in the bunch. Alert Leo’s first chance after dealing with a Menace to Society (once you are safely away from them that is).

THIS is why people don’t TRUST or LIKE us Guards. It Sucks!

WHERE WE GO 1 WE GO ALL (Safely!)

8 Likes

Is there anything we DON’T have to worry about?
I’m beginning to feel like a hermit.

4 Likes

How many Cop’s shot kids with air soft or pellet guns??? :roll_eyes:
Well? Hmmm… :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Not trying to be a language stickler, we don’t have to worry, we do have to be situationally aware. That is a given.

3 Likes

I’m SO situationally are, that I expected your comment! :sunglasses:

11 Likes

Brother, I feel they are ramping up the Fear so that we’ll make ‘mistakes’
That’s just mi dos pesos Scott.
I think we will be fine
But it doesn’t hurt to PREPARE for the other shoe(s) to drop.

WWG1WGA

4 Likes

The words of the instructor at my CCW class ring loud in my ears, “We are not cops, we do not protect Stuff, we protect lives”. I guess Mr. Myers had a different instructor than I did.

6 Likes

This one fits here too….

3 Likes

RUPP! AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! I want one!
(With the teeny Tiny Tac. Vest though!)

I know, I’m suppose to be tough and don’t say sh** like that but I love animals!

Time to walk da wabbitt! Rupp!

3 Likes

Think what you will of this… But in a situation like this I’d have driven away and called 911. I’m not obligated to protect anyone except my family.

5 Likes

So much this!! My trainer beat that into us as well. We are only armed to protect ourselves and our loved ones. He said if you plan on intervening in anything you better be damned sure you know the whole story.

6 Likes

In these days of media induced fear over the sight of a firearm and the over the top media coverage of mass killer events as well as the much more common reality of increased levels of violent crime I could see how it could be easy to overreact to someone walking into a store with what looked like a real firearm.

But in this case it sounds like the teens placed the “weapon” on the ground and were standing there unarmed with hands out.

We definitely need to think twice or more before deciding to play LEO. But we also need to not overreact to the sight of a potential firearm if there are not other behavioral cues that would make a reasonable person believe there is an imminent threat.

Also educate your kids to not walk around in public with things that look like real firearms! The days of safely walking into a store to return a toy gun without it being in a box or a bag are long over.

4 Likes

Reminds me of the viral video of a Paul Blart who detained a sheriff’s deputy (I think). It could’ve gone terribly wrong if not for LE’s patience.

1 Like

Security guards are just like cops. I’ve met some that were well trained and highly motivated and proud of their jobs and I’ve met some that should not be allowed to perform ANY job, never mind a security job.

Plenty of civilian Ninja wannabes out there too… Easier to just keep an eye on everyone and asses individually.

5 Likes

THANK YOU! Enzo :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

I’ll even go a step further. I KNOW some Corporate Security guys that are ex-SF and they take their job REALLY seriously, and I take them pretty freaking seriously too.

2 Likes

Oh I am soooooooooooo stealing that for my class… Brilliant!

4 Likes

But are they sworn to uphold the law? The large corp I used to work if the security was armed s/he had to be a sworn officer. That’s a big distinction.

1 Like

Regulators Protective Services is a leading expert on security, safety, and protection, offering personalized services for addressing individual needs. They provide expert security and protective services for clients, as well as professional consulting and training.

Services Offered:

• Personalized security and protective services
  • Expert security and protective services for clients
  • Professional consulting and training
  • Protection coverage for events

It’s the SECOND time I took the Oath Brother, Yes it’s a Huge distinction, I concur.

3 Likes