We must prepare good, law-abiding citizens to protect the weak and vulnerable

Thank you for talking some sense into me! I don’t see how it will help for me to turn in my guns, while the bad guys keep theirs, but I’m just going to believe and feel good as I walk down to the local sheriffs department and hand them all my guns. I feel better already.

8 Likes

Quit swimming in the wrong side of Lake Tahoe🤣

7 Likes

I know, right. It tastes funny. :joy:

7 Likes

We must prepare. Period.

11 Likes

I wouldn’t train them to run towards gun fire.

Which is worth more protecting? The 5 students in the hall? Or your classroom filled with 25 students?

You run toward the gun fire, you may lose, and protect no one.

5 Likes

Agreed, I have the same feeling.

5 Likes

I respectfully decline your plee. Government already says murder is against the law. Your plee is for law abiding citizens to lay down arms as this will prevent gun violence? How many law abiding people committed murder with a gun as a tool of choice? By your reasoning we should ban law abiding doctors as a whole. Medical “tools” kill more, assisted preborn murders kill more, car accidents kill more. I appreciate your position. Let’s stop it all. Guns are not the problem and you know this. Just asking you to look past the car, gun, and drugs. It’s a problem of criminals. That obviously don’t play well.

3 Likes

:rofl: Brother Bean, now I don’t feel so foolish, I had no idea what /s was for. It’s hard to understand when your seeing red. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

@Scott52
being that it was a female shooter it may have made it easier for her to get by and commit the act. Most mass shooters are males. Even being trained would probably have been difficult to pick up on it. They posted a pic of the woman somewhere which I saw and she was a young 26 year old Caucasian woman. I agree 100 percent that more details need to surface before I can comment on this case.

5 Likes
3 Likes

I am sure this is sarcasm right brother.

8 Likes

No worries. My intention was to highlight the idiocy of the anti-gun crowd.
:blush:

7 Likes

Yes, and it’s been circulating in twitter.

It would’ve brought me great disappointment if you agreed with my post. :blush:

6 Likes

I don’t know if you missed it, or if they updated the article a few times with the latest.

The shooter was identified as Audrey Elizabeth Hale, a Nashville resident, who identified as a transgender woman.

OK, now makes more sense. Dang stereotypes are so stubborn.

Fox also reports

They don’t believe she was wearing any body armor, authorities said.

She was wearing her penis but not her body armor. Got it, good reporting, Fox News.

3 Likes

Too many early contradictions.
However, I believe the official account states it was a 28-year old female (no nuts) whose pronouns were he/him.
Her name was Audrey Hale who identified as a man. The troubling part is police confirmed the existence of a manifesto and this was a targeted attack.

And now, this:
Steven Shaviro, a College of Liberal Arts and Sciences professor, wrote in a Facebook post on Sunday that while he does not “advocating violating federal and state criminal codes,” it is “far more admirable to kill a racist, homophobic, or transphobic speaker than it is to shout them down.”(Wayne State Professor Calls for Murder of Those Who Express Opinions He Disagrees With - Young America's Foundation)

Keep your powder dry.

6 Likes

Goodness gracious. They confused me for sure.

Female, no nuts, but she was nuts.

6 Likes

Murderers have no gender.
But, keep pushing gun laws, those really work!

7 Likes

BTW, this hatemonger cited an interesting case, where a jury indeed acquitted a murderer. The case involved ethnic cleansing and murder of tens of thousands of people during Russian revolution of 1917, including family members of the accused. Victim mentality somehow allowed this fascist of a professor to appropriate this suffering. Liar.

6 Likes

First WTF goes through the POS head of any person that will kill children and defenseless adults? My heart and prayers go out to the 6 victims and 7 families that lost a loved one, I’m certain they didn’t wake up this morning and imagine something like this was going to happen to them.

As far as arming school staff members. I’m for it. Around here they can be armed and don’t have to tell anyone about it. My thought is, the ones that decide to carry a firearm are ‘probably’ either familiar with guns or willing to get some level of training. Not to mention, in many cases an individual can be seen carrying a long gun onto the school property and into the school building, that person would attract the attention of an armed staff member. And certainly important to the conversation, DETERENT. It will not stop all of those amongst us that are hell bent on terrible evil but I’m sure it will put second thoughts and hopefully convince others not to do it.

6 Likes

Take down the GFZ signs and have a trained, armed, soldier walking the perimeter. Enough is enough! Schools must make this mandatory, not be soft targets.
I agree with @Mike164, quit killing children!

6 Likes