WARNING about Sportsman’s Guide

Without my permission, the Sportsman’s Guide charged my credit card for a membership renewal ($49.99). When I spoke to the customer representative, I was advised this charge was triggered by my USCCA membership.
The charge will be reversed within 72-hours.
BTW, Sportsman’s Guide had my credit card number from a purchase. (edit to say, I PRESUME it was from a purchase but, not sure)
You are welcome

2 Likes

So, did you give Sportsman’s Guide your credit card number of did USCCA give Sportsman’s Guide your credit card number?

1 Like

BTW, Sportsman’s Guide had my credit card number from a purchase.

1 Like

Always read the “fine print”. Several companies, including SG, have a clause that you will AUTOMATICALLY be renewed. If you joined the “Buyer’s Club” at the same time as you placed an order, you “agreed” to this clause, as well as providing a “method of payment”. In today’s world, the fine print is always where they set the booby traps.

2 Likes

USCCA also has auto renewal, and I don’t even see a box to uncheck. CC info retained by default as well,though you can change/ delete that info iirc.
A lot of online retailers save your cc/ shipping info by default, so make sure to uncheck that little box after a purchase.

1 Like
1 Like

I hope the enforcement of this works better than the enforcement of the “National Do-Not-Call” registry does. Time will tell…

2 Likes

I have an ooma telo, and blocked everybody except my contacts.Phone rings, it’s my sister in law :laughing:
Cell phone, always on “do not disturb” and message says "leave a message or don’t call back "

Anybody interested in a car warranty?

1 Like