Walking

If you say so I’m not going to say different but according to a local Leo, a State LEO and Range I go to here in Texas they all say shoulder holster or pant holster attatched to belt is required. I don’t care one way or another I don’t open carry.

3 Likes

I’m not going to argue…

LEOs are saying one thing, local laws are telling another thing. Everything depends on how you know current changes made to local laws and how you interpret them.

I’m experiencing the same in Illinois.

Texas gun laws changed in September 2021 and “belt or shoulder holster” term was removed from Texas Penal Code.

6 Likes

Remember Murphy’s Law. Doesn’t matter who’s right, if those enforcing the law aren’t up to speed you may find yourself in a position that, even though you’re right, will mess up your day.

10 Likes

The left hand never knows what the right hand is doing!
Especially when it comes to government!

7 Likes

Yep, and who has time for that? LEOs are doing their job and getting paid for it.

4 Likes

image

6 Likes

Can’t open carry in Portland or Beaverton w/o a permit. Thing I’ve noticed is the red states have been getting more lenient, the blue states more strict. Now that’s sad :thinking:

7 Likes

Look, I just walk around with my Doberman; people stay clear of him. Idiots with guns that might do you harm are not worried about you having one. For some reason they don’t like to F with anyone with a dog because that dog is going to rip you up and not care for one second; you might shoot at it, and no one wants to deal with that. Plus it gives you time to eliminate the threat.

1 Like

Cool. A bulletproof dog…

2 Likes

The dog is expendable, but as General_Consensus says it gives you time to eliminate the threat. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: The attacker :wink:, not the dog to be precise in a situation should things go south.

3 Likes

Fixed.

3 Likes

Rough ruff…

3 Likes

Yes, but who doesn’t like frog legs? I will have to say I do love my Dobermans more than frog legs. They do serve a long-term service for the greater good. Unlike the immediate gratification of eating frog legs.

Anyone want to do lunch…

1 Like

Just thought of something that made me chuckle regarding school zones. When I found my house in WV, I went online asking about places to shoot. Responses included “bring a pizza box and come on over”, “just go in the woods and find a spot” and “the neighboring town has a park with a range across from the school. “. That’s one of my spots now, nice range, rifle/pistol/muzzle loader and trap ranges, right across from the school. Big sign thanking you for coming and hoping you come again, and kids hearing gunshots and probably guessing the caliber instead of freaking out.

11 Likes

WV rocks.

5 Likes