Walked Up on Burglars

4 Likes

Always good to read a story that ends well. Does anyone want to game alternative endings? To start with:

1. The woman and her friends try to hold burglars at gun point until the police arrives, but the burglars take off
  2. There is no one there to call 911, no witnesses, just the woman and burglars
  3. The burglars get aggressive and a melee starts just as police arrive.
2 Likes

Good read @Alexander8 and thanks for posting it.

It wasn’t me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nah, tired of that game. Seen enough endings already.

1 Like

What if the burglars run off and call 911 before the woman/friends do, stating that she pulled a firearm on them?

1 Like

Ah the race to 911. Got to have your phone with you at all times and charged.

2 Likes

Burglar: “911, I was just breaking into a home and a person there pointed a firearm at me.”
911 operator: “Please state your name and your current location.”
Burglar: “Click”. Okay, old phone, not cellphone. I guess today it would be, “press”.

3 Likes

Wow that is funny :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: @Dave17 and at the same time it makes you go :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Burglars have sued homeowners without being shot,

3 Likes

@Karacal they sue the homeowner because they didn’t have enough to steal and didn’t have the combination to the gun safe.:+1::+1:

3 Likes

My post was only in jest, not expressing an opinion. Yes, people can sue for any reason they can, or their lawyers, think up. Criminals often file, and win, cases where they hurt themselves while committing illegal activities on your property. Is that right? I don’t believe so, but the courts have allowed it, and judgments have been made and paid for that.

2 Likes

Like the falling through a skylight. Lol

2 Likes