Second Amendment Feel-Good Stories Roundup

A few interesting stories here:

• "Police received a phone call that a suspicious character was knocking on doors and trying to enter homes at roughly 1 a.m. last week. The cops drove through the neighborhood but saw nothing.

One homeowner watched the dubious man through his front door peephole as he knocked on the door. The homeowner chose not to answer. The suspect left the porch and keyed the man’s car.
The suspect then went to a nearby house and broke a rear glass door and entered without knocking. The man living in the house heard the window breaking and woke up, retrieved his handgun, and waited in his bedroom. He was the only other person in the house…"

The suspect walked up the stairs and entered the homeowner’s bedroom. The homeowner fired one shot and winged the intruder in the neck. The suspect left through the broken door and began knocking on doors again, but this time asking for help. He collapsed several houses away and died.

• “… a Minnesota woman fired four warning shots with a handgun to scare off a garage burglar? The suspect then advanced on the woman, and she shot him with a rifle and killed him. Whereas some states have a “stand your ground” law, Minnesota has a “duty to retreat” law. You may only shoot someone in self-defense when ALL other options have been exhausted.”

• "

NEWS & POLITICS

only other person in the house.

The suspect walked up the stairs and entered the homeowner’s bedroom. The homeowner fired one shot and winged the intruder in the neck. The suspect left through the broken door and began knocking on doors again, but this time asking for help. He collapsed several houses away and died.

According to the Houston Chronicle , the homeowner will likely not face charges.

“At this time we don’t believe there will be any charges on the homeowner,” stated Houston Police Lt. Ignacio Izaguirre.

As per a police report, the homeowner told police he “feared for his life.”

The gun owner/homeowner made all the right moves; he stayed in his bedroom and didn’t go looking for the thug (he was alone and didn’t need to worry about loved ones elsewhere in the house). When the home invader opened the bedroom door, the homeowner knew he had to act and fired.

He also told the police that he feared for his life. This is key. In the U.S., we are innocent until proven guilty, except when we shoot someone in self-defense. In some states, you may have to prove that you truly thought your life was in danger. Every state is different, yet 2nd Amendment lawyers will tell you the same thing. After a self-defense shooting you should:

• Call the police.
  • Tell the 911 operator that there was a shooting and that you feared for your life. Tell them where you are and say nothing else.
  • Call a lawyer.
6 Likes

Sorry, didn’t mean to copy the entire article. My copy-and-paste editing skills obviously need work.

1 Like

:point_up_2:t4::+1:t4::+1:t4:

1 Like

That was one of the things that swayed the jury I was on. The kid that shot the guy did not say I feared for my life, not to the police, not to his friends, not on social media. The only time he said those words was when the defense attorney called him to the stand and asked him if he feared for his life. Certainly that could have swayed a couple of the jurors.

2 Likes

That’s my middle name hyphenated by lawyer!

My name is
Scott52 I was in fear for my life-Lawyer-allergic to penicillin-Jones
My maiden name is- that’s the bad guy, he broke in from there, that’s his weapon, he tried to kill me, lawyer!

Funny how life changes when you get older.
When I was five, Mary had a little lamb…
Over 65, Joey has a ( fill in the blank ) knife, crowbar, acid ( depending on your country ) Gun!

Situations like justified life saving events don’t make it into the national news often enough! People around this country should be proud when someone stands up for themselves, someday it could be them!

Cheering for the good guy is the national norm. Heck, we are cheering for a country we don’t have an interest in, except Brandon! What’s the difference between a thug ( Putin ) invading a country and the local punk breaking into my castle. The ONLY difference I see, is the size of the force! And would you look at that, the invaded country, everyone is being handed a gun, no background check, no 3-day wait!

But nnnoooooo! We are not handling out guns at OUR BORDER and they’re confiscating them in New York, Chicago and every blue state in the nation. What’s the difference between the Ukrainian invasion and US invasion? That’s right, our invasion was was aided, abetted, undercover and by invitation. They came concealed, with gang affiliation, criminal history, drugs, human trafficking and much more!

That Russian soldier that just died in the field, was 28 years old, family, no criminal history, no drug use, was just watching the game when his leader said it’s time to go. 80 year old grandma from invaded country shoots and kills said soldier! What’s wrong with this movie?

Every time I hear or read about the good guy winning I want to proclaim a national holiday, go buy something on sale…
How did it get this far?
Where the feel good story of the day is a dead guy in the doorway?

Hope I didn’t stray to far from the subject. Kudos to anyone that survives a home invasion!

6 Likes
2 Likes