Virginia to OUTLAW Krav Maga, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, kickboxing, Tai Chi,

6 Likes

I see this as a good thing. Perhaps people will realize that Democrats are anti freedom. Good luck Virginia, you voted for this!

5 Likes

Just when I think it can’t get worse…

5 Likes

During the Hippie Era, the meme was that Republicans were ban happy, to hear people tell it. From my perspective, it looks like Democrats want to ban All The Things.

4 Likes

Heres a second thread with some text from the bill, and @Tommy_Chi’s list of things you may want to know.
START TO COLLECT SMALL ARMS AND TRAINING DVDs NOW

3 Likes

I don’t see how this could possibly pass any legal scrutiny. Massive 1A violation.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

3 Likes

“Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances”

I don’t see how it’s not a violation of this either: “A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.”

3 Likes

Holy smokes this is real!!!???

I thought it was a Babylon Bee piece…that’s incredible…incredibly stupid.

5 Likes

I thought I saw something like this before.

All this led to an official karate ban in the Soviet Union in 1981. For illegally teaching karate one could be sentenced to prison for up to five years. Only KGB officers and several specialized police units were allowed to practice karate.

2 Likes

I disagree with this statement. I live in Illinois, which is run by Democrats. If you look at the county by county breakdown, the story becomes more apparent. Only a handful of counties vote blue, and it’s really 2 cities. Chicago and it’s suburbs, and Carbondale. But, those make up the majority of the population. The same has happened in Virginia. Now, a lot of gun owners are feeling the heat. We should stand strong, with them, and push for Pro-2A organizations to take these infringements to court.

7 Likes

5 Likes

I get your point 45IPAC. Especially the part about sticking together. The cities in my state recently met with the governor and are trying to persuade him to enact more controls on gun owners. We would welcome any 2A supporters from any of the liberal areas of America to our state. Just leave the liberalism behind. Sadly, we are steadily moving toward two Americas. I know which one I’m gonna live in.

3 Likes

It is the true goal of the left. Total control of everything.

2 Likes

This is 100% true. And is a recipe that will be repeated in every state until the whole country turns blue. The rural areas just dont have the population numbers to hold back metro areas.

2 Likes

Yep. But there is one thing that you cannot blame dems/libs/progs/commies for -innovation! All tricks in their book are old news, like the karate ban in the USSR. Here lies the hope for us.

This is by the same crazy Governor who said “the baby would be made comfortable and then aborted after it was born”. That’s INFANTICIDE!

2 Likes

In case anyone wants to see the actual bill.

http://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp604.exe?201+sum+SB64

2 Likes

I read the full text of the bill, the marked-up PDF version accessed at the link within this thread. I was struck by the brevity of the bill, i.e. there’s no context in the language clarifying either way whether this is a stand-alone act (and thereby prohibitively vague and ambiguous), or an augmentation of an existing statute, which would help confirm the meaning of this new bill had it also been included. The proposed statute contains no reference to any martial arts or personal defense training class (that I could see anyway), but it obviously could be inferred. If anyone has an information on the background of the senators originating this bill, it might help too. In any case, “The price of freedom is vigilance.”

2 Likes

Wow, everyone take a breath. More confirmation that if a headline feels too crazy to be true, it probably is. This (mis-) interpretation of the proposed law comes originally from Infowars, not exactly a bastion of objectivity. Read Snopes if you want a more realistic view. As they point out, the headline is simply false:

3 Likes

Senate Bill 64 would amend the current law by also making it illegal to, “[Assemble] with one or more persons with the intent of intimidating any person or group of persons by drilling, parading, or marching with any firearm,

What constitutes intimidation? Under what condition a legitimate shooting range business would be found intimidating?

Why is new law necessary? Existing law should have already put an end to Antifa gatherings, yet it did not.