Virginia may be ground zero!

Sam Adams and I agree with you, fully. Legislation has proven over the last couple of years, at least, to be a burden on our liberty. Even our supposed gun rights allies have conceded and negotiated certain unalienable rights for self gain and power. Legislation has run its course once again in our history.

“We cannot make events. Our business is wisely to improve them.” “The natural liberty of man is to be free from any superior power on Earth, and not to be under the will or legislative authority of man, but only to have the law of nature for his rule.”

-Sam Adams

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

-Sam Adams

“It does not take a majority to prevail … but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.”

-Sam Adams

“The true object of loyalty is a good legal constitution, which, as it condemns every instance of oppression and lawless power, derives a certain remedy to the sufferer by allowing him to remonstrate his grievances, and pointing out methods of relief when the gentle arts of persuasion have lost their efficacy.”

-Sam Adams

11 Likes

So every two years, depending on an election, the state laws (any state) may change one way or another regarding our constitutional rights? Put our guns away when liberals win, and take them back out when conservatives win?
That is a bunch of crap. The SCOTUS needs to get off their asses and make a federally binding decision that overrules states. One way or another. I don’t want to have to donate money to pro-2A groups every 2 or 4 years. The government has much better things to accomplish with our taxes than playing ping pong about our inherent rights.

9 Likes

Technically, laws can change daily. Legislatures have regular sessions but can call special sessions as well.
Last year KY passed Constitutional Carry. This year, there is a bill filed to repeal Constitutional Carry.

6 Likes

@MikeBKY True, at a state level. The Constitution and Bill of Rights was written at a federal level. It wasn’t optional. The states should not be allowed to override federal laws and our constitutional rights. The SCOTUS needs to make that 100% clear. And the POTUS better chime in soon or I’ll consider the first Democrat that says they will fight at upholding the entire Bill of Rights. I won’t hold my breath waiting though.

5 Likes

Good luck with that a Democrat wants to reduce our rights and give out entitlements hence the removal of the 2nd so no one fights back. Hope you can hold your breath a long long time.

5 Likes

Wow! Seems everyone is getting real serious and might I say even a little scared. I’ve said before, when everyone told me to chill, the time is now.
Our legislators have turned their backs on us. That’s tyranny.
There is no point in talking to anyone when they have their finger on the trigger. Pun intended.
When a hostage taker starts saying his prayers it’s time to take the shot. They’ve started to saying their prayers, when do you think it’s time? I hope not when the hammer drops. In my opinion ROE have changed, we have been forgiving we have been patient we have communicated, we have even given up some of the rights ie: bump stocks, age change. This is death by a 999 paper cuts…

4 Likes

I agree with you 100%. If Virginia gun owners fold we all lose. Waiting for the courts to decide is time consuming and iffy at best. We either have a Constitutional right to keep and bear arms or we don’t. It’s up to law abiding gun owners to decide.

5 Likes

To all in this community no matter where or when I stand ready to have your back. I’ll be the guy with the red MAGA hat.
I decided when I took an oath to my country years ago, that I will support and DEFEND the constitution from All enemies foreign and DOMESTIC.

9 Likes

@Scott52 -Brother, I have an extra seat waiting for you on a VCDL bus in Fredericksburg Monday, 20-Jan-20. 0630-Departure time. It would be good to have a Ranger buddy. If Scott is not interested, I would be glad to host anyone that can make it my way. Keep the faith,

4 Likes

Wow! Appreciate the seat and the invite, wife with heart condition and crappy job to to tend to for a boss who just lost a foot. I will be fighting from my doorstep and encouraging my neighbors to do the same.
I really don’t know what to say to such an offer. Been a long time since I’ve been invited to fight on a team. Sure wish I was 35 to 40 years younger. Like Bob Seeger said “Like a Rock”.
Thank you! You made my day. I feel your sentiments in my heart.

7 Likes

@Scott52 -We are all in this this steaming pile of manure together. My biggest vice is reading at night. Makes life a bit complicated with a 0350 wakeup. I started reading Indian Country last night. Interesting read. Plenty of different folks doing there part in that book. Hope it never gets to that point. 1st round of lunacy in VA tomorrow. We will see what $2.5m buys…

5 Likes

There’s this word again…extremist. Folks, they can justify their labels, just as the Monarchy did 250 or so years ago. Sam Adams was an extremist, a rebel, and on and on. Even Benjamin Franklin said “Sam Adams is out of his mind.” But then went on to give Adams more praise. See what I did there! I justify that he is a Patriot.

George Washington was a traitor, according to the red coats.

Did they give sh** what they were labeled?Justification works both ways. The deep state are terrorists, thugs, traitors, domestic enemies.

Label people like me a rebel, label me what you will. It worked pretty well the first time.

7 Likes

I beg to differ from what the article says;

Lawless County resolutions hold no legal weight, undermine law enforcement, and create a dangerous environment for people who may hurt themselves or others : Policy experts, state attorneys general, and law enforcement alike agree: Lawless County resolutions, or as gun extremists call them, ‘Second Amendment Sanctuary’ resolutions, which threaten that officials will disregard their duty to enforce duly enacted and constitutional laws, have no legal force. The resolutions also threaten the safety of communities nationwide by fostering distrust in law enforcement and may deter people from reporting individuals that may hurt themselves or others.

This does NOT foster a distrust for law enforcement but rather a very HEALTHY distrust of politicians who dont seem to have a clue what they are talking about.

just my $.02 worth

7 Likes

Understood and agreed. Remember, enemies will always reason that their enemies are unreasonable, just as the participants did leading up to the Revolution and Civil War. War is inevitable, and this so called “reasonable” legislation is the instigator. Sam Adams makes this clear in his quote I posted above.

5 Likes

President Trump will be in Milwaukee tomorrow night. I have tickets to go with my boyfriend and my daughter. I am on the fence about going due to the fact I cannot carry. But if there is any chance to help spread the word about what is going on in Virginia, President Trump supporters are the ones who need to hear about it and demand action.

10 Likes

@Dawn There will be heavy Secret Service there Dawn and my good buddy is an FBI Field Agent from here in Chicago who’s up there now as you speak checking out the venue. You’re safe.

6 Likes

Can your friend get me in to meet the President, @Robert8 ? :wink:

6 Likes

His name is Bradley I will text him and see if he has any hooks with any Secret Service to do that. I will see what he says

4 Likes

Sounds like SB-16 didn’t go very far today.

To protest SB 16 specifically, the National Rifle Association had announced over the weekend that they would be distributing 30-round drum magazines at Virginia’s capitol building during Monday’s hearings.

3 Likes

So far, it sounds like they “sacrificed” the onerous SB 16 for the background check and red flag ones. Saslaw withdrew it, so maybe the enormus grass-roots response and the upcoming rally made them reconsider. I dont trust them though. But good news for Virginia none the less.

4 Likes