Violence in politics, current, historical

This is a worthwhile read.

‘We’ll See You at Your House-’ How Fear and Menace Are Transforming Politics - T.pdf (805.8 KB)

2 Likes

A New York Times article that portrays the right as being the main cause in an uptick in threats. I did NOT see that coming.

6 Likes

Then you haven’t been paying attention. The MAGA GOP has routinely encouraged their base to make threats against their “enemies” to bring them in line. Not just Trump, also the congressmen. Jim Jordan had his people make threats against other GOP representatives if they didn’t vote for him for speaker. Judges, prosecuters, jury members, the list goes on. MAGA is the new mafia.

1 Like

I don’t see your sources.

4 Likes

Say what you want about the New York Times, I have found their non-editorial content to be factually pretty doggone right. I start my morning by perusing National Review, followed by APNews, followed by the New York Times, wrapping up with the Wall Street Journal. On the factual articles of substance, I find the New York Times to be mostly in agreement with other new sources.

1 Like

That’s part of my point. Mainstream media are in lockstep.

6 Likes

Yeah it’s a coincidence for sure. I can literally link dozens, if not hundreds times this has happened. Especially around 1/6/21

Edit: I am so tired of hearing that “this is extremely dangerous to our Democracy”.

We are not a Democracy.

6 Likes

5 Likes

For the love of Diddy.

And Epstein.

5 Likes

The " View"

5 Likes