Very good book for concealed carry

this is a very good book for concealed carry. It is called The Ultimate Book of Gunfighting, A practical Guide to Defending Yourself by Robert K. Campbell

3 Likes

:+1: we will see… :slightly_smiling_face:

book

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing. How much of it you found in line with USCCA recommendations?

1 Like

I just got it the other day and actually just started reading it. what i have read so far he seems spot on. I believe he was a copper at one time.

1 Like

At first I thought he might be this guy:

About Bob Campbell

Bob Campbell is a writer for Concealed Carry Magazine with a degree in criminal justice. Bob has been a firearms writer for decades, writing for Concealed Carry Handguns , Gun Tests , American Gunsmith , SWAT Magazine , Law and Order and Black Belt , among others. He has written 15 books primarily focused on handguns and training, including The Accurate Handgun from Gun Digest . In addition to serving as a peace officer and firearms instructor, he has also written curriculum at the university level.

but it looks like he is this guy:

Robert K. Campbell has a background of over twenty years in law enforcement as a trainer, weapons tester, and a street cop and is one of the most prolific writers today on the subject of fighting weapons. He has been published in most of the better publications dealing with fighting firearms and edged weapons including American Rifleman and Guns & Ammo.

1 Like

I think the second guy you listed is the one.

Thank you for the suggestion @Brian134. I’ll definitely add “The Ultimate Book of Gunfighting” to my list. I’d like to offer another excellent book for newcomers (or anyone looking for a refresher). It is “Basic Handgun & Concealed Carry Fundamentals” by Michael Martin. It’s a complete guide that explains all aspects of a handgun as well as things like situational awareness, developing personal protection plans, and the legal aspects of using deadly force. Great diagrams and clear explanations. Many of the topics I see on the forums here are explained in detail in this book. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hope it was okay to revive this thread as it was a little older but I thought I would add another wonderful book option for those who may need it? :sweat_smile:

Best regards,
Jason

1 Like

Thx @JWM for bringing this book to our attention.
I hope every Member knows and values Michael Martin.

I’d like to also mentioned that “The Ultimate Book of Gunfighting” was really good reading. I liked it a lot.