USCCA Community App

Maybe instead of creating a whole new Community app from scratch…connect the website into Tapatalk app.

2 Likes

Great idea. I have Tapatalk. I actually looked for it there first.

2 Likes

This is more of a link on our home screen that takes you right to the Community in your browser :smiley:

1 Like

Oh that’s good! I already set short cuts.

If someone is using chrome on mobile, just click the 3 dots in the right upper corner. Then click “add to home screen”

2 Likes

@Aaron16 – the app works just fine on my iPhone X (latest iOS).

2 Likes

Great explanation

3 Likes

I DID IT!!! Thank all of you for posting! Now I don’t have to have my laptop:-)

3 Likes

Why not just migrate your forum software to one that works with existing apps like Tapatalk?

4 Likes

OK, Time to beat the dead horse again. This post is only to corroborate that a USCCA Community app was once available. I’m just backing up the people who’ve been told that a separate Community app never existed. I’m not saying it was good, bad, or if it’s been working since over a year ago. I’m just saying it definitely once existed. It’s like there’s some kind of mandela effect happening.

I also HAD the USCCA Community APP… up until yesterday.

I have a rooted and highly encrypted OnePlus Android phone. A rooted phone means I have NEARLY full control over everything about it (one huge advantage,I NEVER get ads).

I’m a 30+ year IT professional with mobile platforms experience. I know the difference between an app (an executable "application’ installed from an *.apk file) and a browser shortcut to a web page.

I always use browser access when available rather than using apps. If the average user could see what apps have access to on their phones, they might be shocked (even the USCCA apps). I also freeze, or render several old apps dormant for comparison to new versions. I don’t allow automatic updates to my phone. Both USCCA apps were “frozen”.

Occasionally, I’ll check Google Play Store to see which apps want to be updated. Both USCCA apps were on the update list. I thought, what the heck. As soon as I updated, the Community app disappeared from my phone. Yes, Google does this.

I don’t know why USCCA’s app developer would say the Community app for Android didn’t exist. There’s enough circumstantial evidence to corrobotate.

It’s a hassel, but I may restore from an older backup and save the Community apk file. Maybe… it’s a hassel.

Remember… always use a VPN and always USE BROWSER ACCESS INSTEAD OF APPS WHEN POSSIBLE.

more dead horse abuse
There was an android USCCA Community app available from the Google Play Store. I am using it NOW. Here’s some visual proof.