USCCA CERTIFIED INSTRUCTORS WORKSHOP Florida

@moderators Who is my training counselor? I didn’t know we had training counselor.

2 Likes

@KillJoy This is the last paragraph of that article. The entire hypothesis is that some random backpacker (amateur) is taking pics in a national park. That is NOT the type of scenario where one is advertising and providing services for hire inside a national forest, park, or monument. I have quite a bit of professional experience in this field. Each park manager tends to interpret the rules differently. But none would tolerate unpermitted commercial vendors operating in their park, forest, NWR, monument, etc.

“Nothing in these rules is absolute. As Dickinson says, “there is some latitude on the part of the park in enforcing regulation.” But in general, you do not need a permit for still photography or personal filming; you do need a permit for commercial filming and still photography that uses models, props, or sets. If you are still concerned or confused, call your local agency before you head out.”

1 Like

SMH. You realize nobody else from FL is even talking to you? I’m done. Good luck!

Your Training Counselor is the one who teaches your instructor course. They are usually in your state or well versed in your state instructing laws and are a great resource.

3 Likes

I hope you get things rolling. Your personality will be the thing that people will look at to be their instructor. If you can teach well, and communicate better than you should be golden. From this thread I see you are good at communicating. I have experience being a culinary arts instructor, teaching and using different techniques at getting students to retain knowledge that I am trying to teach them. The more that is retained the better job you have done. Good Luck and don’t let no one slow you down!

3 Likes

Yes it gives you the ability to teach and certify students for CCW in Florida

2 Likes

Paul-Michael,
I’m a training counselor here in Florida and know a few others in various areas of the state if you would like some specific info feel free to call.
Bill Hall
352-459-9334

4 Likes

Thank you very much Bill, I will take you up on your offer and give you a call tomorrow.

Is there any time that you prefer? I don’t want to be a bother.

1 Like

Paul,
As a matter of fact 9-10 am tomorrow would work since Cindy and I are headed to the parks late morning. If you have time this evening is open for me.
Bill

1 Like

I’m educated enough to comprehend what I read.:rofl: Anyone who ever talks about government regs knows there will always be an idiot that interprets differently. That’s why attorneys. I looked it up because I thought it sounded weird but then realized that there is a good reason to require permits for filming and photography. Stops every Tom, Dick and Harry company from moving in and occupying wilderness area. It protects it for us, citizens.

2 Likes

That’s your true problem. The ranged probably have in house instructors so aren’t inclined to go out of their way to help.

As far as standing out from the crowd. Maybe use Groupon for say a 2 for 1 weekend for couples concealed carry class. You can’t turn around on a gun range without hitting an “operator”. So you have to build your reputation. One last piece of advice. Don’t be that instructor who comes in all tactical and military. You will lose every female client who came in and alot of the men. Also don’t discount older people who come in.

2 Likes

Pay attention to both what @Ken38 said, and how he said it. He quoted you, and those instances are what he refers to. Calling other instructors “riff raff” and “wanna make a quick buck” is a great way to get yourself noticed…in the wrong way. Take Ken’s input to heart.

Please also recognize that public speaking is not teaching. They are different disciplines and require different approaches and materials. I have done both.

2 Likes

Sorry, I get it. You know as well as I do that there were probably about 3 of us who read the entire article. That’s why I replied.

1 Like

Yes sir, I have taken to heart all of the advice I have received here, and I reiterate that I apologized for any misunderstanding and to @Ken38 as well. It’s difficult to convey subtext and intent via a text forum, and often people draw incorrect conclusions about what was typed, and I may have upset @Ken38 please understand, that was not my intent.

If we where face to face, this is the point where I would offer a handshake and invite you out for :beer:

I meant no disrespect or to call out anyone, nor to slander anyone or my future peers, I was just shooting the proverbial :poop:

I really appreciate everyone who took time out of their day to offer any advice or incite, and I am on my way to getting certified as an instructor.
Thank you all!

Also, I have made arrangements at a local range with the owner, and I have registered for a class with @Bill50 who has been extremely helpful and accommodating in my endeavor. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

@Ken38
@OldGnome
@Paul-Michael
Here’s a ruler. Go ahead and compare while you’re at it.