Unwanted Guns Turned In?

100 bucks and 50 bucks. Look at the guns in the pictures, some look like they are worth more than $100. Kind of amusing that people walked around the lines offering to buy the “Unwanted Guns” for more than the police are paying.

3 Likes

Krazy stuff. :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

“I honestly think guns are for cowards,” Richardson said.

I guess he can think whatever he wants, but if he’s confronted by a thug with a knife, or a bat, or a gun, if he’s subjected to a home invasion, what’s he going to do, macho them into running away?

9 Likes

Depending on how long the line was, it might have been worthwhile to sell the old slam-fire shotgun for $100

3 Likes

Or a foreign or domestic government…who per this guy, are a bunch of cowards?

Hmmm, “the military industrial coward complex”. I never knew .

6 Likes

the good guns will go into police personal collections.

5 Likes

Hopefully so. Better than them going into the burn pile.

1 Like

Brannon Richardson said there was a relief that came when he gave his gun to police on Saturday; now it seems like he is not part of the problem.

Richardson … said he was a safe owner and hadn’t had ammunition for years

“I honestly think guns are for cowards,” Richardson said.

LOL! He is entitled to his feelings though.

4 Likes

I found of interest the reports of and from “Utah 2A Alliance” that they were actively there purchasing firearms of value to support efforts in the state to train and help arm school employees and others who could support protecting critical locations and areas.

3 Likes

I just realized what makes me so sad about this topic. It’s the title, “Unwanted Guns.”

Maybe a good foster home with a loving family?

8 Likes

Maybe we could start a Shelter for Unwanted Guns where you had to Believe in and Support the 2A. before you could take one home. :us:

6 Likes

103 guns. Boy, I feel much better now. I wonder if the 5 stolen guns were returned to the rightful owners?

2 Likes

To be used as a throw away at the scene of a really hinkey shooting. Please do not insult my intelligence by telling me that never happens.

1 Like

Well I was thinking about Browning, classic Colts and such being saved from senseless destruction.

I assume you are on a different page in a different chapter of the book and thinking of firearms at the opposite end of the spectrum.

“Richardson said his dad gave him a rifle years ago, and it had been sitting there. He had to figure out what to do with it when moving from place to place.” “…he saw the buyback program as an easy way to pass on the responsibility of a gun.” I’m glad he was relieved, to unburden himself of the rifle his father passed on to him. He sounds like he was overly concerned the rifle was going to assault him or someone else any moment. The communist diatribe, that “guns kill people”, worked on him. He can rest easy now. Hope he doesn’t feel the same way about cars causing killings, we’ll all be walking.

4 Likes

I certainly hope it wasn’t some rare collectible that his dad gave him. OTOH, I have a strong feeling that the guns taken in with no records kept have a way of being screened by the boys in blue and really desirable firearms have a way of escaping melting or chopping up or whatever it is they claim they do to turned in firearms.

1 Like

I’m still trying to wrap my head around the concept of “unwanted guns”? :thinking:

4 Likes

I’m sure the vast majority of those firearms would be wanted, loved and cared for if given the opportunity to find a proper home. Too bad the uncaring owners are sending these mistreated and misunderstood tools to be melted down instead of giving them to someone who would care for them and treat them properly:)

Seriously though. It is such a waste. Why not at least put the ones that get turned in up for auction to bidders who have CCLs or otherwise passed background checks? That would help raise money for our underfunded and over worked police departments and make sure the firearms found good safe homes instead of getting stolen from police storage facilities or disappearing on the way to the disposal site.

4 Likes