Gun buyback on Chicago's South Side pays $100 for every firearm turned in

For those of you who don’t know; St Sabina Father Pflaeger has been anti-gun for decades. The Chicago PD has that buy back program for years now. They give $100 gift cards. They normally get broken guns, BB Guns, or an occasional gun with a body attached to it; no questions asked. They’re not really taking guns off the streets of Chicago, maybe liberal gun haters think they are but nothing is going on. Not any good guns are being collected. If there should be one or two, the gun will be taken by a deputy commissioner or above. Makes good video by Channel 7 Chicago is about all. This happens every year.

2 Likes

Are the pre-1964 Model 70 Winchesters and West German-made SiG Sauers consigned to the trash heap, and are they subsequently melted down, or do they “go home” with one of the confiscating LEOs?

I question police “buy-backs” when expensive and rare firearms are turned in by unsuspecting grandmothers who don’t realize their true value.

3 Likes

Normally never do not find the furnace. Those guns go to a Deputy police superintendent or above. Little Beat Cops don’t have the politics to get those guns. This is Chicago; my father died 1986 which now he would be about 120 years old and he is still “actively voting” registered Democrat it’s my testimony to you our Community friend. It would be funny if not so predictable.

2 Likes

Dozens…….congratulations they’ve solved “crime” in Chicago…:roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

That’s funny James, that’s what the Willingly participating MSM want you to believe.

3 Likes

If the gun buy back program is working so well, what do you say to starting a drug buy back program. I recommend we start slowly say .50 an ounce and a penny for every syringe. I think we could stop the cartels by tomorrow :money_mouth_face:
At the same time institute a cell phone buy back program for every idiot that causes an accident, and pay them say 3-5 years hard labor… at the prison of their choice!

3 Likes

I’m confused by politics…

IIRC, a couple years back a Chicago charity started which gave money to gang members everytime they called in and said they wanted to kill someone but didn’t. Maybe I’m wrong but this seems like volunteering to be extorted to me.

I also don’t understand how banning pot and other substances is a failed strategy, but banning guns would be a successfull strat.

Additionally, IIRC, the reason for the “cash for clunkers” programs was to raise the sales of newer autos. I wonder why the same reasoning isn’t applied to the “gun buyback programs.”

1 Like

Medical Marijuana was legalized on May 19, 2019 and ISP is monitoring this development. JB Pritzker fought for the law, so a person from IL hasn’t the ability to own firearms without the endless possibility that he would have the police coming to his house to collect them.
As for So-Called “Cash for Clunkers” program. Most of those cars were not trashed. In other words I personally know a car dealer who bought several hundred of those vehicles and were gone through; he resold them, some went to Poland, some to Russia and Ukraine and the others well there were some went nowhere they’re still here I have a friend that bought it from his car dealer buddy. He had a sweet primo ride and he brings it out in nice weather only.

1 Like

Yeah, I can really see this it’s helping Chiraq. Oooh wait, no I’m not. This is such a idiotic thing, we all know MSM is full of nothing but lies and feel good things for the sheeple.

2 Likes

Yupp, you’re right Brian

2 Likes

Dozens? Yeah I’m sure crime will drop dramatically because of this amazing idea. :confused: What kind of guns were actually turned in? Plus, nobody would ever sell the gift card for money and use said money to purchase something illegal… We all know that $100 or even $500 is a slap in the face to what some of us have paid & put into our firearms. This is sad. Irrational. :v:t5:

3 Likes

They would never get mine and you’re right $100 is a slap in the face for what we paid. I have one of the last actual Springfield 1911 GI-Milspec models before Springfield changed it to the Milspec.

As others have commented $100 is an insult to what we law abiding owners paid for our firearms. That said, has anyone here ever participated in a gun buyback? Curious if so and why did you do it? Thank you for sharing!

The real version of Chicago gun buy back
The real backstory that the MSM won’t acknowledge is the guns being turned in are junk guns; by that I mean the guns are in a state of disrepair or completely unrepairable whatsoever, if a long gun is stock could be splintered rifle unable to fire or shotgun not able to fire, the law says a BB Gun can qualify as a gun for turn in purposes, these guns being turned in are not quality guns. Michael Bloomberg’s group of gun loathers sponsors in part, St Sabina Parish in Chicago Father Phlaeger(sp) holds these yearly events. Chicago PD knows it’s just a ruse but it makes good video. Any gun can qualify probably even a squirt gun, it’s just second Amendment haters mindset it’s stopping crime. Sometimes guns involved in homicide are wiped and turned in to dump them in lieu of being tossed into the Chicago River; no questions will be asked. It’s not a roaring success as the media wants you to believe.