try that in a small town

CMT censored this video, and that’s a clear indication that it’s great, so I looked it up, and it sure is! Interesting how countless rap songs encourage murder sprees, drug dealing, pimping, and countless other crimes, and they’re celebrated by the media, but a video by a country singer about self defense and neighbors looking out for each other is banned.
We want our country back!!!
WE THE PEOPLE NEED TO TAKE IT BACK!!!

35 Likes

I never heard this song before this controversy, so I had to find the chords and lyrics to learn to play it. Awesome song.

12 Likes

There is supposedly something wrong with the location too. But liberals leave out some of their videos were filmed there too.

8 Likes

I like the song. It’s the truth. What nobody tells you is, there’s a line in the song that says “I don’t recommend you do it…” So there’s that.

Edit: See the line below, it’s a little different but still the same.

6 Likes

Hmmm, I don’t understand the controversy. He just shows a lot of pictures of “mostly peacful protests.” What issue could anyone possibly have with that???

10 Likes

What’s racist about this song? :thinking:

Try That In A Small Town

Sucker punch somebody on a sidewalk
Carjack an old lady at a red light
Pull a gun on the owner of a liquor store
Ya think it’s cool, well, act a fool if ya like

Cuss out a cop, spit in his face
Stomp on the flag and light it up
Yeah, ya think you’re tough

Well, try that in a small town
See how far ya make it down the road
Around here, we take care of our own
You cross that line, it won’t take long
For you to find out, I recommend you don’t
Try that in a small town

Got a gun that my granddad gave me
They say one day they’re gonna round up
Well, that ■■■■ might fly in the city, good luck

Try that in a small town
Try that in a small town

Full of good ol’ boys, raised up right
If you’re looking for a fight
Try that in a small town
Try that in a small town

Try that in a small town
Try that in a small town

Try that in a small town
Ooh-ooh
Try that in a small town

18 Likes

Well there is:

I think he’s discriminating against us older folks… :roll_eyes: :person_shrugging:

13 Likes

It is unfortunate they chose that location for the video. I highly doubt they did it to send a racist message. It appears to be a popular video backdrop used for dramatic effect. But it gives the anti self defense crowd something to point at and say “see I told you these people are all racists”.

Without that one unintentional 100 or so year old connection the antis would have nothing to point at that didn’t come completely from their own agenda driven, media manipulated imaginations.

4 Likes

That’s a real stretch. The court house, like many if not all court houses, are locations where people have lost dignity, money, freedom, security… This is just part of the “You Offend Me” move. They’ll pick everything/anything apart and make it look or sound offensive.

9 Likes

I love how the media tries to spin the fact that none of the language that they say is in this video. They say the actual lyrics are code words.

Which actually means, there’s nothing wrong with the lyrics but we are going to virtue signal and manufacture fake outrage.

Gimme a freaking break.

14 Likes

Liberal convo:

• How do you know a White man is racist?
  • He is breathing
7 Likes

And how is that gonna happen?

The majority of the electorate (“We the people”) no longer vote at all, and when they do vote, they elect bozos. Those bozos run for office because they know that if they get elected, they will, in all likelihood remain in office for life drawing a cush government salary for doing little or nothing. And, in the off chance they get unelected, they can parlay their government “experience” (doing nothing) into a cush lobbying job.

In the off chance that an elected official does try to actually do something, what would that something be that would take our country back? Build more prisons to arrest our way back to greatness? Execute more people as the path to greatness? Maybe a war to pull us together and use a crisis to bring us back to greatness?

2 Likes

I have thoughts but, don’t /can’t say them.

3 Likes

I completely agree. They are just reaching out for any shred of evidence to back their message and agenda. But if not for that one guilt by vague, ancient, not at all related association they would have nothing to point a finger at aside from their complete reinterpretation of the English language.

8 Likes

7 Likes

Yeah, like words are violent. Meanwhile, actual acts of violence were committed and described as fiery but mostly peaceful.

10 Likes

Fires are not violent. There were large crowds that needed large fires for all the marshmallows to serve the attendees. Didn’t you hear them singing “Kumbaya”? :sunglasses:

So silly that you believe looting, rioting and arson are violent acts. We all heard the politicians and media telling us they were peaceful, how could it have been otherwise? :sunglasses:

Just take the “safe and effective” injections and be quiet. We will let you know if and when you are allowed to talk and what to believe. You will own nothing and be happy. :sunglasses:

9 Likes

That is a great song.
Lived in a small town and it is all true.

10 Likes

A funny thing about this is, the small towns I lived and was brought up in, Myton Utah, Jensen Utah and then the big one Roosevelt Utah, they don’t care about what someone from New York or DC or LA has to say. They are not concerned about what city slickers think they should do. Stuff just happens, mess around and the problem get’s solved and probably doesn’t even make it to the local, weekly papers.

7 Likes

We have to vote
Every red blooded American needs to get out and vote. We can’t let California and New York decide our elections.

8 Likes