Trump vs Harris Debate

So, what are your thoughts about the debate?

4 Likes

When something does not seem fair, it bugs me. I could not help but notice a few things:

I noticed how one moderator, David, did something with Trump, but did not do so with Harris.

After some of Trump’s answers, David argued with Trump; David came prepared with notes, including data he saved which opposed what Trump answered. Trump did not debate with Harris; He debated with both Harris and David.

One of David’s questions was only to Harris, directly asking her, what do you believe about Trump, when he sais this, or Trump did that? However, they did not ask Trump to comment about Harris. I thought the question itself was immature, and didn’t need to be asked to either candidate, but instead - I wished they would have emphasized the people of the U.S.

Another thing I noticed was that I don’t remember seeing Harris openly talk or have discussions before, despite her well accomplished career.

She came across as extremely prepared to the point of appearing rehearsed. That came off like they gave her the questions in advance, giving her a chance to practice her answers.

With Trump, he came off like he had not heard the questions in advance, but I could see in his face, he was giving the questions “thought”.

I noticed both candidates avoided a couple of the questions. On the hot seat and nervous, as they should be.

However, when Tump did did not anwer a question directly, they asked him a second time saying – he did not answer it. However, with Harris, when she skipped over a question, they did not ask her a second time.

Dear Journalists/Press,

In any profession, lacking in integrity needs to be called out on. When one acts with integrity, that needs to be acknowledged with respect.

I’ll give Harris points though, I had no idea that she and her VP nominee were “gun” owners.

8 Likes

I’ve skipped it, wait for comments, then watch the best parts of it and create my own opinion.
For me, personally, watching it live is just a waste of time.

8 Likes

But they do not want us to have M-239 and such.

5 Likes

It’s him against her and the mods.

9 Likes

She has had a concealed carry permit since her prosecutor days; the first 20 years of her career were in law enforcement, first as an assistant DA in Alameda County, then elected as DA in San Francisco County, and finally as Attorney General for California.

5 Likes

Trump needs to stay on topic. We’ve heard all this many time. I always said that forget there’s anyone else on stage and stick to your ideas. I used to debate in college. My tactic was simple, I almost never acknowledged anyone else on stage. To acknowledging the opponent is to allow the target audience to take focus off you and for a moment put it elsewhere. Also, never discussed their side of the issue, your’s is the only side. When I focused on this tactic I usually won. This is my advice to Trump.

10 Likes

One thing to be noted, Trump knew that the debate was not bias before he even went to it!

2 Likes

Haven’t watch. But I’m thinking that it wasn’t a debate, it was an ambush (ABC & bimbo vs Trump).

7 Likes

Regarding guns: Guns more me and not for thee. They are part of their secret service. Their lives are important, you the peons are not important. And they own guns? I want to know what. Remember Biden said buy a shotgun. Probably a double barrel. I could buy a flintlock and call myself gun owner. And would we the people be allowed to own the gun type they supposedly own, or the guns carried to protect them? So many questions.

6 Likes

My favorite was the start, where the guy moderator said something about the Trump/Harris administration. That was epic.

The rest sucked. She’s a lying loon and he missed nearly every opportunity.

9 Likes

I think he worked on his preparation of course, but I got a sense, he was not given the questions in advance.

As opposed to answering the questions before it was even finished being asked without even taking a break to pause. I respect Trump for his fairness.

5 Likes

There was a great opportunity missed by Trump
When she said “ I am not Biden…” personally I think the presses would have stopped if Trump retorted, “and you ain’t black, either :exclamation::scream:
He was so off his game tonight, it made her look like the best lier in the world. She never met with Putin!
I don’t like being lied to!

After EVERY question posed to the beach, Trump should have asked, WHY HAVEN’T YOU DONE THAT IN THE PAST 3.5 YEARS!
They will, she will not debate again.
I think they are starting her parade as we speak!
We’re phucked if she gets in!
Donald had a lot of missed opportunities, even if it would have blown up National TV!

Personally I think she had an earpiece! IMHO

5 Likes

Harris had a prior reputation of someone who has given word salad answers to questions.

So what did the debate reveal?

It revealed a cold-blooded prosecutor who knows how to play Donald Trump like a fiddle.

3 Likes

There was nothing new here, because I have paid close attention for the last eight years. Sadly, Trump didn’t do as well as Kamala at remaining cool, calm and collected, but the content of her output remains flat and hollow. Her lies and misrepresentations were hideous. He had so much he wanted to say, but insufficient time to present it, thus, he seemed to not stay on topic.
It was a 3 to 1 gang up, but that was expected going in.
It would be a much better venue without moderater interjection, and each candidate should be allowed a half hour to make their case uninterrupted, then be asked questions by an audience for an hour to face off head to head and refute statements by the other.

9 Likes

Like ALL forked tongue reptiles.

5 Likes

Guess she concealed her weapon like the Democrats concealed Joe. I wonder why tonight was the first time i’ve ever heard her mention being a gun owner. I don’t buy it

7 Likes

She did have an earpiece because she can’t say nothing that matters to anybody. She had a pen and a pad of paper and writing down something. She is no commander chief and she’s a radical leftist. We’re all screwed after an hour and a half debate.

5 Likes

I bet the people in the ear piece were telling her Oooh oooh tell him you and Tim walz own a gun and they are fully automatic revolvers.

7 Likes

Yeah, ABC owned by Disney three against one she couldn’t play her own fiddle if she owned one.

6 Likes