Trijicon RMR Install

I am leaping into the red dot pistol world. I’ve only shot iron sights and am obviously a rookie with the install.

I have a sig P320 AXG Scorpion and bought the RMR and base plate from sig. My understanding is the firearm is milled for the RMR so I shouldn’t have too many issues.

My question relates to the tools I’ll need to install. Can anyone help me out with what they’ve used?

1 Like

I have the Romeo1 Pro on my X-Five. I’m betting you’ll need a good torque driver to tighten the fasteners to spec. Make sure you get one that can be set to the exact proper torque required.

2 Likes

I have a Wheeler FAT torque wrench(inch pounds) that I use for anything I need to tighten on my pistols and rifles. You’ll need the correct size bit(Torx probably). I believe it only needs 5 to 7 in/lb to mount the optic. Definitely check with the manufacturer.
Hth

2 Likes

I bought one of those on Amazon. Assuming it will come with that bit?

1 Like

Mine didn’t come with the smaller Torx bits. It came with the T10, T15, and T20.
I would check to see what size you need for the mounting screws

1 Like

Read up on how to properly torque. I recall being suggested to do an initial lighter torque before torquing to the final torque - usually ft-lbs). Not sure about such smaller screws.

1 Like

On the pistol optic and rifle scopes it is always in in-lbs

3 Likes

@Kevin139 Maybe this will help.

3 Likes

I recently put on a Trijicon also. Enjoy it.

Great fun.

1 Like

One thing I did on all my red dots, take a drop of fingernail polish on the tip of a toothpick and put witnesses marks on the two screws. Just a quick way to check and insure the sight screws has not gotten loose.

4 Likes