Travelling to countries

Have you ever travelled to other gun control countries?

1 Like

How much “control”?

I flew to Poland… no firearms allowed at all. Firearms stayed at home.

1 Like

Did you have a good time?

In Poland? Yes… Actually I traveled all over the Europe and to be honest never felt need for my firearm…
Different countries, different thinking. My situational awareness remained the same. Small pocket knife and club in car’s trunk was enough.

1 Like

Nice :relaxed:

Yes. There are certain activities, certain areas, certain times, etc. where crime is more prevelent. I’ve always lived in or near a city in the US, and similarly there are areas, times, activities, etc. that many locals know not to go to or be out at a a certain time, etc. These issues are in both countries with strict gun control laws as well as ones without… at least on a country scale, as sometimes cities are more restrictive even if the country is not.

1 Like

Under present world situations. I will stay inside CONUS. Not saying that is totally safe. I believe our Govt is surely not perfect. But it sure is better than anything the rest of the world has.

3 Likes

Why would it matter, other countries are NOT the United States.

4 Likes

Yes. But even if guns were allowed, I wouldn’t expect to have that right, as a non-citizen.

1 Like

Can you clarify?

You need to have the United States clarified?

1 Like

To alot of them, sucks!

You said

That is very clear. Other countries are not … NOT… the United States, so why would your question even matter.

2 Likes

I would. Are you suggesting human rights don’t apply to non-citizens?

1 Like

Firearm possession doesn’t apply to non-citizen… this has nothing to human rights in other countries.

Some countries will allow a non-citizen to carry concealed or for hunting. Restrictions may apply.

3 Likes

Some do, some don’t… but still - those country which don’t allow, don’t treat this as human rights violation.

Agreed. I however do consider it a human rights violation.

2 Likes

If in another nation, even if they have rights as we know them, you would not have a right to a firearm.

If you are in another nation hunting, there are rules you must follow, regulations and requirements… but as a general rule, your rights are what that nation says they are.

1 Like