Training for CPL

Hi all,

Is there a virtual classroom you know off I can enroll online in State of Michigan? If not, I live in Metro Detroit, do you know a place that would allow me to take the CPL class in two days rather than one full day?

Thank you…

4 Likes

Here is a place you can check. Welcome to the family! It mentions 2 days a little down on the page.

4 Likes

@Fadi. Welcome to the community :smiley:
here’s a link to get you started, https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/training/

7 Likes

Happy to be part of this family :grin:
I saw this ad online before but me being new to this whole thing was thinking it wasn’t legitimate 🤦🏼

Thank you.

3 Likes

Dont worries, we got your back! Don’t hesitate to ask anything else :+1:

3 Likes

Thank you :pray:
In State of MI, CCW is not the same as CPL! Am I correct?

3 Likes

I’ve read its just different verbiage, but can someone else double check me? Concealed Pistol License and Carry a Concealed Weapon are interchangeable terms. Here is another link to check out.

2 Likes

In Michigan you can’t do online course for cpl. CPLs require successful completion of a firearms training course that has been state approved with at least eight hours of instruction, including three hours of range time.

5 Likes

Here they are cpl.

3 Likes

The way I understood it was, the online part would only cover the instructions part of the class, then I have to go for the three hours practical part of the course.

I will check the link you posted.
Thank you :pray:

3 Likes

I live in Kalamazoo Mi, I had to take the class in person and range.

4 Likes

In MI there are USCCA sanctioned training agencies that offer the Segment 1 section on line then perform Segment 2 in person where the required 3 hour range time is met.

5 Likes

Welcome to the family and god bless you.

2 Likes

Hey Paul, Do you have a link to those training agencies?
Thank you.

2 Likes

Thank you. God bless you as well.

2 Likes

@AdamHutch and @Cobra got you covered there already :+1:

3 Likes

Got it!!

2 Likes

I have registered for the online class this weekend with Rick.

I want to thank Rick for accommodating my busy schedule.

I also ordered the book for the class and I received it two days ago with a nice sticker!!

Thank you all.

2 Likes

In a non technical sense they mean the same thing, however, in Michigan the license to carry concealed is called the CPL(concealed pistol license). The acronym CCW is the legal term for unlawful concealed carry, it is what you would be charged with if you carried concealed without a CPL.

3 Likes

Welcome to the family brother and you are blessed to be here.

2 Likes