Tombstone 9mm Lever

6 Likes

interesting firearmā€¦

4 Likes

I like the concept. But, Wow itā€™s a lot of money for something so ugly!
Kudos for using the off the shelf Magpul stock. Did they build it to use available magpul magazines? Part of the appeal of pistol caliber carbines is interchangeably.

2 Likes

I would prefer a more traditional lever action forearm look myself along with the ability to take Glock magazines. But I like the idea. Maybe some of the bigger makers will come up with an affordable version.

3 Likes

Most likely aimed at restrictive states that donā€™t allow a PCC.

4 Likes

Looks like a modern day model replica of the old Winchester rifle.

1 Like

Geeze. If you need/want a rifle, buy one designed for a rifle-caliber cartridge (5.56, 30-30, 308, etc). A 9mm lever action rifle seems like one of those unused universal tools in the bottom of your tool box that does nothing well.

2 Likes

That is one seriously ugly, useless piece. Vastly inferior to an 1892 Winchester in .357 or .44 Mag for any conceivable purpose

2 Likes

That kind of money could get you into a low end 338 Lapua!

2 Likes

I agree with ugly. Useless no. It comes with a threaded barrel and would be ideal for attaching a suppressor. There wouldnā€™t be any noise from the action at the shot unlike a semi auto.

2 Likes

I dunno, never saw a silent lever rifle, ever, and Iā€™ve been cycling them for decadesā€¦

2 Likes

All the gas goes through the suppressor unlike with a semiautomatic

1 Like

Right, like a bolt gun. The action however Will make noise as itā€™s cycled.

3 Likes

Right. Thatā€™s done some time after the shot. Not at the shot.

There are suppressors designed specifically for semiautomatic firearms that are slightly louder, intentionally by design so they cause less gas to go through the action which is unsupressed because that escaping gas can actually become worse when using the quietest suppressor made.

1 Like

The Remington etronix was an electronic ignition instead of having a firing pin strike the primer of the cartridge. It might be the only silent action at the time of the shot.

1 Like

I donā€™t hate the design or operation, but itā€™s about $1600 over-priced.

3 Likes

I hadnā€™t looked at the price-that is unbelievable. You can buy TWO 1892 Winchesters (a.357 and a .44 and ammo for both for less. Or, buy a 14 shot ā€œtuned ā€œ 1873 in .357 and 1000 rounds of ammo. A tuned (look up Cody-matic) ā€˜73 will fire as fast as anything out there with the exception of a full autošŸ˜. And a 9 is a very weak sister compared to a .357šŸ‘

3 Likes