Today, was a great day

Took my daughter and her 2 roommates to the range today again. By the end of the day and about 600 rounds I bought my daughter her first handgun. A S&W Shield .380 EZ.

This was her 2 roommates first experiences with firearms as well and I have to say it was amazing watching all 3 of them become more comfortable, confident, and quite honestly impressive.

It was an amazing and impressive watching them grow.

I shot maybe 4 rounds in 2 days. But it was the best 2 days at the range I have had.

34 Likes

Awesome! Always great to have new shooters.

6 Likes

@Zavier_D I am well aware of your concern for your daughter and her roommates. I want to publicly praise you for your patience and perseverance in the matter. Kudos to you my friend. :+1:

5 Likes

@TexasEskimo

By the end dude all 3 of them were standing so tall and proud. It was amazing the 2 roommates dad’s called me and thanked me because they were so shocked that they had gone to the range. I’m going to admit I had a blast teaching them the basics.

But I do want to try and get them an instructor to take them further.

11 Likes

Lots of well placed shots. In a critical dynamic situation, that will do, Sir.

Nice training!

5 Likes

Thank you, one of them was absolutely amazing every single shot was in the 9 ring or better. With a bit of practice and training she could probably be competitive.

It was a beautiful transformation to behold they were all so confident. Pretty sure the other 2 will get handguns and continue training. I was blown away with pride in them.

Believe it or not In the 3rd picture it looks like 2 ear piercings. Those were called shots.

5 Likes

Very nice!!! Well done!!! Some shooters have a natural aim, or fast target acquisition. AND tons of fun. Any day shooting is fun!

3 Likes

@SKIdaho

Out of probably 1,000 rounds, I may have shot 4. But it was still the 2 best and most fun range days of my life. Watching their transformations was a moment I was humbled by and grateful to be allowed to be a part of.

Sounds strange but I was not sure this day would ever come. I am still smiling at that look my daughter had standing there so fierce, confident in her own skin, and just being competent.

6 Likes

@Zavier_D Way to go DAD!!! Monster Cool Dad points!!!

Cheers,

Craig6

6 Likes

@Zavier_D Did the girls take home their targets and hang them in their rooms?

4 Likes

They are painting them to hang over the fireplace. Which I think is wicked funny. I can’t imagine the looks on a boy’s face who goes to that house and sees each of thems (yes thems is an official word in the South you use it when you might use the word theirs :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) best shot target they paint. :smiling_imp::joy::innocent:

7 Likes

I brought my daughter to the range and she shot my girlfriends .380 and did fine so I handed her my nine and she did good with it too. I then grabbed my 1911 .45 and had her try it and she did good with it too. Later the next day she asked me if I could get her a P365XL for Christmas, like I am Santa Clause or something! Yeah, she is getting one for Christmas along with her CWP.

7 Likes

Thank you, sir, for bringing the next generation along.

3 Likes

As a firearms instructor, i completely agree with you. Watching new shooters become more comfortable with firearms and enjoying the processis a great feeling. Quite a few of my students have bought the EZ pistol which now comes in 9mm as well as .380. Keep up the good (and fun) work.

4 Likes

The 380 EZ is a good choice. I bought my wife the same handgun because she doesn’t have the hand strength for any of my 9mm handguns (including my M&P Shield 2.0).

4 Likes

Awesome. Good for you and her. I bought my wife an EZ. The best firearm for her. My 15 year old son also loves it. We go to the range as often as possible. C-19 has put a damper on it.

2 Likes

I have one of the Smith & Wesson’s 380 EZ it is the PC version and I love it

2 Likes

I took my Brother in law to the range this past weekend. he had a few rookie mistakes. One did not put on his hearing protection. two crossed his left thumb over his right and cut his thumb open when the action came back on his 9MM handguns first time he fire his gun. I told Him I would be right back I had to walk to the car to get my rifle. I heard his gun go off I returned to the range he is standing there with a funny look on his faces saying I forgot to put on my ear protection. I seen his thumb and said yep and you Also crossed your thumbs because it bit you. He then looked and felt the pain from the cut on it. And said oh crap!

2 Likes

Way to go. And your choice of a handgun for your daughter is spot on!

I started my daughter off on .22 rifles and my (use to be mine) Ithaca 20 ga. pump gun. She is a died in the wool dove hunter. She started deer hunting a year later and has bagged several. Somewhere in those early years, I got her a Taurus Gen2 9mm w/laser for a house gun. Then she got her Ga. Weapons Lic. [CCP] and for such a momentous step, she received a S&W BodyGuard .380. Believe me when I say it is her EDC.

BTW, she is an excellent shot. She has a girl friend who is/was an instructor at my gun club. She took several hours of instruction on her own accord to learn range etiquette in addition to the field etiquette she learned from me and her brother.
Robert372

1 Like

Hi and aloha I’m Professor Dano Kraig Kenekoa Fernandez, a new member from Northen California! Hope all of you guys are doing great, safe and healthy during this uncertain time. Mahalo Nui Loa (Thank You Very Much in my Native Hawaiian Lingo)!!!

4 Likes