To have an alarm system sign or not?

Absolutely agree, but I really think you need a 'Moat" though…that way I can point to you and say “See, See! He got one People!” It might help my case.

(I’m into moats)

8 Likes

Alarms systems are great to have. Wouldn’t advertise having it myself :us:

5 Likes

That’s kind of my personal view also. I want the ‘people’ to experience " Shock and Aweeeeeeeee" in REAL TIME!

6 Likes

But I guess it’s what you see the purpose is. To catch someone? Or to deter someone? I think both.

8 Likes

Yep your right. Theres some smarty pants out there that knows how to hack and disable. though :us:

3 Likes

We just shoot them first befo’ de reveal our secrets…'nuff said. :zipper_mouth_face:

Hacking and disabling an alarm system is harder than it sounds.

I’ve also known, uh, people, who had multiple security systems with redundant sensors. And only one sign up/one type of sticker in windows, which may or may not even be a sign associated with one of the systems actually in place. Just sayin :wink:

5 Likes

All things are possible thats for sure :us:

2 Likes

If you’ve got someone hacking and disabling your alarm system, you probably did one or several other things very wrong to attract that level of attention and effort/sophistication.

If that may be you, consider a second system and putting up a sign or stickers associated with some third system you don’t even have.

3 Likes

Thats another yep from me !! :us:

3 Likes

I know that signs were discussed on another forum and it was evenly split about having or not having signs. I have a security system, lights and cameras and the only sign I have is this. Also dogs.

2 Likes

For what it’s worth, some might suggest against that particular sign as it may be taken as implying lethal force used in defense of property.

7 Likes

LOL! I’m glad you are with us, brother! Because you truly do not think like a criminal.

2 Likes

You just keep proving my point. Bless your do-right heart. Btw, I’m not being facetious nor sarcastic.

1 Like

I know and don’t care.

1 Like

And that’s the criminal mind that Shooter Rick doesn’t possess, at least not by his posts that is…

1 Like

“If you can’t dazzled them with brilliance, baffle them with B.S.!”

3 Likes

Why would that be necessary?

1 Like

I have an ADT sign right on my front lawn. Some of my neighbors follow suit. No houses have been broken into that I know of since I have been in this neighborhood/community. It doesn’t hurt to have it though.

2 Likes

No signs. As others have stated, my alarm system is an early “heads up” for me, not as a deterrent for criminals. Also, looking at my house compared to other houses in the neighborhood, I think criminals would target the other houses on a risk vs reward assessment. My house looks more like all risk, no reward compared to others on this street. But if I advertise my security systems, it starts looking like I’ve got something of value inside.

I also don’t have signs that reference firearms as a deterrent because criminals will take the risk if they think they can steal firearms. Some of those signs are pretty humorous, but I don’t want signage that might cause a criminal to break in, specifically looking for firearms and ammo. Why advertise that there’s something they want inside?

1 Like