Tip: Keep your brass

Always keep my brass.

2 Likes

Yeah…I would rather see someone use that brass for reloading than to sell it to be melted. I must have 100 pounds of brass of all calibers. As we all know it’s the primers that are really valuable and hopefully soon they will become more available. As for me I always look for spent .410 which I reload with .40 caliber musket balls. For me it’s fun.

4 Likes

BTW…I’ve seen bags of brass for reloading at gun shows. To me…melting that brass is a travesty.

i also think its just good practice to clean up after yourself. I dont reload and brass prices are not the best here in Phoenix, but I still try to pick up my spents and hold on to it until i have enough to make it worthwhile to take to the local recycler.

5 Likes

Some people who reload calibers that you may not will also trade or buy the brass you don’t want.

3 Likes

Hello and welcome @Jeremy97
Absolutely, it’s the barter system with brass, powder, and primers

1 Like

I helped out a fellow Marine and traded him small pistol for his large rifle, then I bought two 9mm pistols. Lol. I’m still searching for small pistol primers but ammo is somewhat cheaper.

1 Like

Wife’s bra? I must have missed something.

1 Like

What other things have you used to pick up brass easily? I have found ones like this work well if you are in a grassy backyard.

Screen Shot 2021-07-28 at 10.05.06 AM

1 Like

Phil3…gotcha. I’ve been hit in the side of the head a time or two.

Be alert - they can hurt. If your on the wrong side of a AR. try to move.
If the other person is getting set up to shoot and you are already set up
You can ask them to move, some people just don’t think or care about others.
BLACKY​:us::us::us:

2 Likes

I pick my brass up one at a time with something like the old school
Thing used to grab cans off the shelf with. That way I can keep count & make sure I get just my brass. I also try to keep brass together with the same manufacturer.
PS: no problem with revolvers. Love my 1911 & Browning High power
but don’t like picking up brass or washing dishes.
BLACKY
:us::us::us:

If I shoot in my back yard the Fuzz will pick me up faster than I could pick up my brass. LOL
Good idea for grass.
Thanks

1 Like

I have thousands of prepped and primed 7.62 and 5.56 brass cases plus a fair amount of brass in every caliber of gun I own. Just reloaded 150 rounds of 32-20 and will be loading a few rounds of .45 Colt later today.

A recently cleaned batch. Just sorting for the future. The big tubs are all .45 ACP.

Also, left handed shooters firing right ejecting ARs and AKs have the additional challenge of the hot brass down the shirt problem. They DO leave a mark. On the plus side, many new dances have originated from this.

7 Likes

@Enzo_T >> love the 3220. Should have got one when I had the chance. I would be surprised if you
Find any brass anywhere for that. I love the old school cartridges especially the 22 hornet. I have a custom 22 hornet rifle and Thompson Center handgun and they both will shoot one hole groups at
100 yards. I have some good recipes for that cartridge.
BLACKY

A few folks make the brass including Remington, Starline and Winchester and there is new manufactured ammo from Remington, Winchester and a few of the Cowboy Action Shooting smaller makers. I’m just waiting for them to get caught up on 9mm and .45acp and get back to manufacturing the odd ones again. It’s actually a pretty popular round with the Cowboy Action Shooters.

In the mean time I picked up my early 1900s Marlin '94 in the middle of the draught so there was not one round of 32-20 to be found. The beauty of having an international network of GREAT shooting friends is that I put out a call for help and withing days I had brass and bullets arriving in my mailbox :sunglasses:
First group of handloads, Remington 100gr PSP bullets over Hogdon Powder in new Remington cases

My new baby born somewhere between 1915-1919.

3 Likes

I relate to that remark. As a lefty - been there, done that, got the T-shirt!

1 Like

I bet the T-shirt is kind of religious. You know, “holier than thou…”.

1 Like

Not on this one!

2 Likes